I finally got my bike back from the shop

Not bad for a girl! Have you ever heard spend your money on the suspension first? Then do the other mods! Seriously its as pretty as you, (maybe:excuseme:) :thumbsup:

The suspension is pretty good stock for me. I'm only 5' 0" so I could have considered a lowering link(stock seat 34"), but my dad said I should use a rock and get use to riding a bike with a seat that is up to my chest.

lovestrucks, my son is 80lbs and 9 years old, I sent the forks and shock off to factory connection and I must say that Ziggy and the boys did a great job on the suspension with both the spring rates and valving, well worth the money and the difference in my sons confidence, I highly reccomend it to everyone! Also I had to cut the seat down so that he could touch the ground, which was really easy, the seat looks like a factory step down seat now. If I knew how to put a picture on here I would and I think you would agree. We bought the expert model knowing I would buy a set of small wheels for it (still shopping that one). My son did his first race on it a couple of weeks ago, 9 year old racing 13-15 yr.olds. 18 bikes in the races 5th and 4th for 5th overall. Not bad huh!

You can see his bike here, http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/81BillyPryor81/Home.aspx

I will upload some pics of his bike there so you can see how it looks. If you have a sponsor house acct. send a friend request. Take care, stay safe but mostly have fun! :thumbsup:

I'll start saving my money again and then check factory connection out. I don't race but I ride out in the desert through alot of deep gravel whoops, sand washes, and rocky hills so I would want it to but a tad plush but not all saggy and sloppy.

The shop did all of that for you? Must of cost you some $$$. By the way, awesome bike!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i had a local upolsthery shop cut my seat down. cost 20 bux and it's 2" lower. height was not an issue i just like sitting down "in" the bike more.

could help you a bit.

2007714023uc4.jpg

awsome bike. that shop did some good work for you

that supermoto is tight too

I have considered cutting the seat down based on my heighth, but when we go riding we usually go on long rides on rough terrain and I don't really want to risk losing a nice comfy padded seat just to be able to touch the ground better. Plus I think a good rider shouldn't worry about having to touch the ground that much, but be able to stay on the bike. In the future I am also considering the Engines Only 170cc Kit but that will have to wait a bit. The total including parts, installation, and new fluids was around $2,700 and took about a month for everything to be done(wasn't in a rush since it's to hot to ride in the desert anyway). My dad loves me but now hates the fact that my bike is way cooler than his own.

you have the one of best looking 150rs ever! did you ever think of a 85 big wheel? that seems like it would do better in the sand, but its always nice to have 4 stroke torque in muddy situations(out here we have ALOT of mud)

have fun and be save with your new bike(and pray to god that nothing blows up! :busted: )

Before I got the 150R Expert I had a 04' CR85R small wheel. It was great for the sand and straight-aways but in steep rocky hills and some tight trails the quick snap of the 2-stroke was a little to much. I love the tractor like style climing hills on the 4-stroke. Don't get me wrong though, I still like 2-strokes, how they smell, the sound and how easy they are to start. But I love the bigger powerband (and thumper sound) of the 4-stroke and how I can be cruising in 2nd and then just hit it and have the front wheel raise with all the torque.

I've only ridden the bike 2 times since I've gotten everything done. This past time my bike started acting up and so once we got back we brought it back into the shop. I got the news that the dealer that I bought my bike from and had gotten the cam recall fixed didn't properly install the cam. Everything else on the bike that I got done was fine and bullet proof, but now the whole top-end is destroyed and it's going to cost a lot to fix (new cam, rods, etc.). I'm soo ANGRY, hopefully no one else has had to go through what I'm going through.

I've only ridden the bike 2 times since I've gotten everything done. This past time my bike started acting up and so once we got back we brought it back into the shop. I got the news that the dealer that I bought my bike from and had gotten the cam recall fixed didn't properly install the cam. Everything else on the bike that I got done was fine and bullet proof, but now the whole top-end is destroyed and it's going to cost a lot to fix (new cam, rods, etc.). I'm soo ANGRY, hopefully no one else has had to go through what I'm going through.

Wow, that’s terrible. Damage from an improper installation procedure or practise and they're not going to help with the repair? Strange, if it is their fault you'd think they would help.

How is it destroyed? I'm guessing the camshaft was timed improperly, but if it ran it was most likely out one tooth and might be ok.

If it was out farther than this the valves may have been introduced to the piston......there I could see some serious destruction, but it would not have kicked over....well....or ran...

Something happened to make the cam move around, and start grinding metal to metal inside. Then all of the shavings were trapped around the oil-filter, so that saved most of the engine. But since the oil-filter got clogged that kept the oil from getting to the head and that's how it started to over heat. I have the bike at the shop were I got all of the things done to it and the guy there said that when other customers come into the shop and see my bike that they ask,"What the hell happened to this bike?" He shows them how the bike started to, but wasn't able to completely weld itself together based on the heat. Damages are $1,500+, and Me, a 16 year old girl, has to pay for it with my own money. Once I save enough I'm just gonna buy all aftermarket parts that are bullet proof, won't break down, and realiable. The thing that's a pain-in the-butt is that the shop I bought my bike from is under new management or owners or something, so they'll probably say that it isn't their problem. But my mom also said she's going to write a serious letter to Honda, but from other's peoples experience's I don't think that will get us very far.

I just paid the deposit for all of the ruined parts, $1152. This is including all of the stock parts and a Hot Cam Stage 1 cam. I am also getting a Boyesen pump cover and the little propeller thing, so that the bike can cool better since I ride in the desert. To get everything ordered and installed it's going to be about 10 days. And when that time comes I'll have to fork out more money for the labor.

You shouldn't be coughing up all that money if the mechanic screwed up the cam recall job.

You shouldn't be coughing up all that money if the mechanic screwed up the cam recall job.

I agree.

We're going to bring the issue to small claims court. We don't want the shop to even touch my bike but we want them to pay for it to be repaired, like a refund

Here's a few pics

P1020745.jpg

P1020743.jpg

P1020740.jpg

P1020738.jpg

P1020736.jpg

P1020735.jpg