Sign in to follow this  

RMZ-450 2008 5 speed!

I have a 2001 DRZ400s that I converted to SM and have been enjoying every single freak'n day!

I have a 2000 DRZ400e in which I'm trying to make street legal by the beginning of next month.

BUT, I just saw the 2008 RM-Z450 has fuel injection, a 5 speed!!!! and is only 224lbs :thumbsup:

If it's an electric start or can be with a convertion, and has a good enough stator/chargind system, then that is the bike to convert!!!... if it's reliable. I wonder how reliable that engine is compared to the DRZ400?

not reliable, needs stoutening up! beginning with oil capacity!

Ah... so a RMZ for a daily commuter might not be a good idea then.

Well... I really have no complaints about the DRZ :thumbsup:

the rm-z's like all 450's are super hard on valves, and valvetrain. and require a lot of maintenance just to the valvetrain alone.

I still fantasize about taking a blown up RMZ and fitting a punched out DRZ engine in it.................:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I still fantasize about taking a blown up RMZ and fitting a punched out DRZ engine in it.................:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

haha ya that would be cool, but i fantasize about taking a punched out drz engin and sticking it on a gokart frame

Now that would be awesome:thumbsup:

Now that would be awesome:thumbsup:

+1, was actually thinking about doing that with a spare atc200x motor i have:eek: