ebay exhaust ad

If you don't care about how loud an exhaust is, any glass-packed exhaust will be as good as any other if the head pipe/exhaust pipe is the same diameter and length.

I did a lot of exhaust checking when I put a corvette engine in my old Porsche 944 and made my own stainless exhaust system, and it's just a preference of sound/restriction. I build a stainless dual 2.5" exhaust off of the V8 to V joiner making it a 3" to the cat and 3" diameter out the back to a glass-packed muffler with a stainless 4" tip for about $700... it really gets me to see the cost of these fiberglass packed DRZ mufflers costing so much...

rant :thumbsup:

The mufflers should all cost about $150 or less... but I guess the market isn't that big.

If you don't care about how loud an exhaust is, any glass-packed exhaust will be as good as any other if the head pipe/exhaust pipe is the same diameter and length.

I did a lot of exhaust checking when I put a corvette engine in my old Porsche 944 and made my own stainless exhaust system, and it's just a preference of sound/restriction. I build a stainless dual 2.5" exhaust off of the V8 to V joiner making it a 3" to the cat and 3" diameter out the back to a glass-packed muffler with a stainless 4" tip for about $700... it really gets me to see the cost of these fiberglass packed DRZ mufflers costing so much...

rant :thumbsup:

The mufflers should all cost about $150 or less... but I guess the market isn't that big.

i agree