What Should I Do

Aright i bruised some ribs at the track on thursday and got the wind knocked out of me pretty good. Theyve been sore but not too bad. Anwyays i just woke about 30 minutes ago with a sharp/tight pain in my upper stomach/lower chest. I did have a upset stomach around 4 today but that felt completely different and was way in my lower stomach. Its pretty unconftorable and i was feeling a little nauseaus but not anything like having the cdraps. Should i chill for another hour or so and see if it gets better or what? Its 330 and hurts bad enough that icant sleep.

try taking some asprine and let it sit and if that is not helping i would get it checked out..

Did you see a doc when the accident actually happend or do you think you brused some ribs?

-alphie-

try taking some asprine and let it sit and if that is not helping i would get it checked out..

Did you see a doc when the accident actually happend or do you think you brused some ribs?

-alphie-

I didnt see a doctor. It gradually stopped hurting as bad once i was up so i went back to sleep after being up about a hour... just woke up and its still hurting. I think im gonna go to the doctor

There is a health and fitness forum with an MD who moderates it. Hope you're sure about just bruising your ribs. Broken ribs hurt like anything. Also, it's possible to dislocate ribs.

If you hurt them on the side of your body, take some asprin or advil and sleep on your good side on a couch with the bruised ribs elevated. Put a pillow under the arm that rests on the hurt ribs. I've slept that way for weeks - helps a lot.

-alphie-

DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN!!!!! Never take an aspirin compound if there is even the slightest chance of internal bleeding. If you are in that much pain I would suggest that you have yourself checked. It's probably just bruising but why take a chance?

Bruised, cracked or broken ribs are very uncomfortable, because your chest cavity and rib cage moves every time you breathe. If the pain continues, you might want to have it x-rayed.

I would go straight to a Doc for a check up.

If it's nothing then you have peace of mind, if it's something they can fix it. :thumbsup:

What better way to spend a little time & money, MAKING SURE YOUR HEALTHY!

You can also wrap an Ace bandage around your ribs to restrict movement. This will help with the discomfort until you can see the doctor.

You can also wrap an Ace bandage around your ribs to restrict movement. This will help with the discomfort until you can see the doctor.

Doctors don't do that any more. They found that the biggest side effect of broken ribs is pneumonia. It is so painful to breathe that fluids build up in the lungs. Now, they give you a device and require you to do deep breathing exercises every hour to get any liquid out of the lungs. Also, it keeps you from getting a cough. Coughing hurts like a bitch when you've got broken ribs.

Well i went to the doctor and turns out im having muscle spasms in my chest... ribs are just bruised. The stupid doctor told me to take 12 advil a day (for the second time in the past 2 months)... still hurts like a bitch. I wish we would have gave me some muscle relaxers or somethin so they stop spazzing

:thumbsup: Good deal.

Sometimes it's best to let the right people do their job.

Now you can rest up and heal and not stress there might be something major wrong.

Well i went to the doctor and turns out im having muscle spasms in my chest... ribs are just bruised. The stupid doctor told me to take 12 advil a day (for the second time in the past 2 months)... still hurts like a bitch. I wish we would have gave me some muscle relaxers or somethin so they stop spazzing

Why do you think he told you to take Advil?

Why do you think he told you to take Advil?

not sure... it sure as hell isnt working.

well my mom just gave me a bottle of russian muscle relaxers.... LOL

Its a felony to be in posession or take any perscription medications that were not perscribed to you.

Beyond that, who would want to take any Russian medications. There is no regulation there and it could just a easly be mixed with rat poison.

Call your doctor and have him/her perscribe something stroner for you.

Its a felony to be in posession or take any perscription medications that were not perscribed to you.

Beyond that, who would want to take any Russian medications. There is no regulation there and it could just a easly be mixed with rat poison.

Call your doctor and have him/her perscribe something stroner for you.

Theyre not prescription and my mom wont take me back to the doctor. I guess i wont take them since i dont know what they are but its so bad i cant even eat.