Coolant, instead of Water?

Oh, hello..

Im having a serious problem here with my "good old" KTM GS250, 1985.

The axle where the water pump is located is so worn out that it really likes to pump water into the clutch, which ofcourse isnt so good :thumbsup:

I guess the only reasonable idea would be to make a new one, which ofcourse isnt that easy, or buy one if there existed one.. changing any seals dont help at all. Why I dont want to open up the entire engine is because I dont want to have to change the cylinder gasket etc. because they are hard to find and expensive..

So here is my question, is there any other coolant liquid instead of water that I could use? I mean one that wouldnt mix with the clutch oil or mixing wouldnt be a problem.. I have thought about using oil in the entire system, but I dont know how it would work? Is there any way to somehow make the oil thinner so it will have no problem passing through the entire system? Or how about using only the anti freeze coolant?

I use some regular tractor engine oil for the clutch which is very cheap so quantity is not a problem :thumbsup:

Thanks for any ideas!

Oh, hello..

Im having a serious problem here with my "good old" KTM GS250, 1985.

The axle where the water pump is located is so worn out that it really likes to pump water into the clutch, which ofcourse isnt so good :busted:

I guess the only reasonable idea would be to make a new one, which ofcourse isnt that easy, or buy one if there existed one.. changing any seals dont help at all. Why I dont want to open up the entire engine is because I dont want to have to change the cylinder gasket etc. because they are hard to find and expensive..

So here is my question, is there any other coolant liquid instead of water that I could use? I mean one that wouldnt mix with the clutch oil or mixing wouldnt be a problem.. I have thought about using oil in the entire system, but I dont know how it would work? Is there any way to somehow make the oil thinner so it will have no problem passing through the entire system? Or how about using only the anti freeze coolant?

I use some regular tractor engine oil for the clutch which is very cheap so quantity is not a problem :thumbsup:

Thanks for any ideas!

PM Dave Hopkins with your question.......................:thumbsup:

PM Dave Hopkins with your question.......................:thumbsup:

Ok, I did as you said :thumbsup: