Sign in to follow this  

Stock Bar Bend

Hey guys I'm looking at getting some new bars, and out of all my friends bikes I’ve ridden I find the stock 07 Honda bars to be most comfortable. Doest anyone know what bend they are from Renthal? I went on the site and found something that was supposed to tell you what the stock bend was, but it didn’t work.

I believe the stock bars are almost identical to the Windham bend.

They're not the Windham bend. They're Renthal 971's. In the catalogs, 971-02.

The Windham is not as tall, more sweep.

Thanks El Marko, is the RC or McGrath close? I want twinwall bars in the same bend, do you know which ones that would be?

Thanks El Marko, is the RC or McGrath close? I want twinwall bars in the same bend, do you know which ones that would be?

The McGrath in the 1-1/8" OD twinwall is lower in height than the Renthals 971 (RC) in the 7/8" dia. I aree w/ how well fitted the stock 971 bar feels, whether standing or sitting...ergonomics feel perfect all around.

Sorry, I was thinking of Pro Taper. The Windham is the nearest Pro Taper bend to the 971 OEM Renthal.

Model - width rise sweep

971-02 - 802 99 54 (Renthal)

Windham-800 99 52.6 (Pro Taper)

On the Renthal page it shows that both their Windham and RC bends are exactly the same as their 971 oem bar.

http://www.renthal.com/application_result.asp?type=32

Sorry, I was thinking of Pro Taper. The Windham is the nearest Pro Taper bend to the 971 OEM Renthal.

Model - width rise sweep

971-02 - 802 99 54 (Renthal)

Windham-800 99 52.6 (Pro Taper)

On the Renthal page it shows that both their Windham and RC bends are exactly the same as their 971 oem bar.

http://www.renthal.com/application_result.asp?type=32

Well I have a 2007 Renthal catalog in front of me and they show completely different dimensions for those three handlebars. The 971 is shown as OEM for the CRF and it lists the dimensions.

I trust the printed catalog over a web page in something like this.

The stock CRF Renthal 971 bar is identical to the Carmichael/Windham. Check out the list rider bars listed on page 567 Parts Unlimited Catalog and you see that they are both 971's.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2007/default.asp?p=567&s=2