Sign in to follow this  

Chain Fitment

I have a 01 cr250r and i bought new chain and rear sprocket. The rear sprocket is a 51 tooth (one up from stock) and the chain is a renthal 520x114 and the front sprocket is stock. Chain will not fit unless I put the stock 50 tooth back on it. Any suggestions besides a new chain ?

I have a 01 cr250r and i bought new chain and rear sprocket. The rear sprocket is a 51 tooth (one up from stock) and the chain is a renthal 520x114 and the front sprocket is stock. Chain will not fit unless I put the stock 50 tooth back on it. Any suggestions besides a new chain ?

i ran into the same problem with the 51 and 52 tooth sprockets. i had to run a 116 link chain on mine.

I was going to do that and I thought it would stretch to big to where I couldnt use it anymore. I will use my 50 tooth for now then when the chain stretches, I will go back to my 51.

Well I rode hard Sunday and I managed to stretch the chain a bit but not enough to fit the 51 tooth sprocket yet. Man I really wanting that 51 back. Anyone have any other ideas ?