SSR perimeter frame?

Where can i get one? I have an SSR 125B2 that i want to put a perimeter frame on but i dont want to use the agb21h orion frame i found on ebay. Everyone i talked to recommended since i have an ssr buy an ssr frame. So where can i get one?

Thanks,

Karl

DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT

Buy that perimeter frame. It's chinese aluminum, and it WILL BREAK. Those frames are a complete joke. I won't even touch them, and have seen buddies videos where they just snap right in half. Remember the MotoVerts? Their frames were burlier and would only last so long.... then just snap.

Just buy a good, reinforced steel frame. Don't buy crap.

I said "I dont want to buy an ebay frame". I would like to get an actual SSR Perimeter frame so if anyone knows were i can get one or know someone who has them please let me know.

Thanks

Actual SSR..... is actual crap.

Dude, SSR isn't that great of a bike. Some of them are okay for playing with, but their frame is a joke. Yes, that's right, SSR. Big deal if it says SSR, it's still no better than just a no-name brand perimeter frame.

BBR is the way to go. But you probably don't want to dump the 3K, huh?

Nice frame though......... BBR makes a NICE frame.

Try to get ahold of an Orion AGB 29 steel perimeter frame. They are very solid. We have a few of them and really like them.

Even if i had the 3k it wouldnt go towards a frame. The only reason i wanted a perimeter frame was to make my little bike look like my big bike. Its a toy i dont care if the parts are made on the moon.

ssr crap &%$#@! dude i think u are crazy ssr frame is better then half of these littel bikes and i not talking about big big dollor bike eather so dont get ur panties in a twist..not evey body has big dollors to buy bbr ect...i have a ssr i hit 40ft jumps with it just fien my frame is not bent eather..:thumbsup:

ssr crap &%$#@! dude i think u are crazy ssr frame is better then half of these littel bikes and i not talking about big big dollor bike eather so dont get ur panties in a twist..not evey body has big dollors to buy bbr ect...i have a ssr i hit 40ft jumps with it just fien my frame is not bent eather..:thumbsup:

SSR is better than half, sure. But it ain't saying much, as I wouldn't straddle 80% of the new chinese bikes out there. That's how bad they are.

Seriously, if you knew anything about chinese aluminum, you'd stay away. Their steel is so-so, but I've yet to see one good quality aluminum part come from china. Atleast on pitbikes...

oh, and if you want to see for yourself. Look closely at the SSR frame. Look at the "CNC" marks all around it. Look a little "too" perfect? That's because it's not CNCed aluminum, it's CAST aluminum. Those marks are cast in. And you can even call up Pitster on this subject, and ask them about chinese cast aluminum and the impurities it often contains. It's usually a crap shoot on whether or not you get an ok blend, as it's often recycled aluminum that hasn't been properly cleaned. Not to mention cast aluminum, even done right, sure ain't that strong.

My main race bike is built on an SSR perimeter frame. It's CNC. It's not cast. Period.

IMG_1406.jpg

It's been jumped, dumped, cased and flipped. It's still in one piece and has the most comfortable geometry of any minibike i have.

I also have some SPV frames...

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

I imported them from taiwan. THEY would be the frames to get, but i don't know where to get any more. The two I have are staying with me.

ssr perimiter frames are actually very nice, as well as there x3 model with the cnced frames. I know what your refferring to about the cast, and molded aluminum but you wont find that stuff on the ssr perimiter frame. Others like it maybe but the not ssr bike. SSR does have some lower models that have cheap frames, but there higher end bikes are very good quality. do you think I would jump one this big if I didnt trust the SSR x3 I have?

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5967124

Show me one and prove me wrong.

I'll gladly eat my words if I can see and touch one and it actually looks ok. I honestly haven't ridden one with that frame, although I have a Sikk. I've looked VERY closely at the Sikk bikes, and not sure if they have the same frame or not, but the one I looked at was in no way a billet frame. It had fake billet marks all over it. A real joke. I think it snapped later too....

However, only seen the SSR in person once. But I heard it was the same frame?

SSR had 2 generations of there perimiter frame, one which was not good and i believe it is the one Sikk now sells. Then they came out whith generation 2 which is a totally new design. OUtlaw has more insite on this then me but I do know for a fact the first version sucked but the new version they now offer is much better in the design and quality. and has more gussets in areas such as the neck etc.

SSR had 2 generations of there perimiter frame, one which was not good and i believe it is the one Sikk now sells. Then they came out whith generation 2 which is a totally new design. OUtlaw has more insite on this then me but I do know for a fact the first version sucked but the new version they now offer is much better in the design and quality. and has more gussets in areas such as the neck etc.

I was unaware of that. Cool.

Even if its cast, the metal still needs to be milled/ machined.

All big bikes (hondas, yami's, kawi's) ALL USE CAST ALUMINUM. That doesnt mean that they arent cnc'd, welded etc.

Forged and cast are the differacnce... Forged being MUCH stronger than cast.

Also theres cnc machined from a solid piece of aluminum. I highly doubght anyone makes any large parts this way being the expense/ material waste.

Also type of aluminum is something to take into account. There are literally hundreds of differant types. For example 6061-a1 is completly differant than 7075. All having differant properties, strengths, etc...

I cant comment of the frames specificly but as for chinese aluminum, its not considered high quality, I can tell you that much.

CT.... BBR uses one solid chunk of aluminum to make their frames. That's one of the reasons they're almost $3k.

CT.... BBR uses one solid chunk of aluminum to make their frames. That's one of the reasons they're almost $3k.

Well, I stand corrected... Thats got to be alot of material waste/ cutting time... Then again, bbr frames look like a piece of art:worthy:

my pitster x3r is built like a tank

SSR has been selling the PF bike for over 2 years now with now reports of bends, cracks or issues with their frame. Although the PF bike is a bit heavier then other style framed bikes. As Staggs mentioned the SSR X3 is a great alternative.

Whoever said bbr perimeter is made out if one solid piece is talking out their rear end they are Cnc and welded just like ssr . Anybody know we're to get replacement parts for neck bearing on ssr perimeter ?

Should've asked that question about 7 years ago