Sign in to follow this  

what type of oil

what is a good type of oil that wont cost me an arm and a leg, and also where can i buy it at. where can i find cheap oil filters. the dealer said to change the filter every time i change the oil and a filter is 11 dollars. i will go broke just buying filters if i replace it every 5 hours so i need somewhere to find a good priced one

Replace your oil filters every 15 hrs...

For the oil, get some Shell Rotella T 15w40... As with any oil, weather its the High dollar ester synthetic or the rotella, it needs frequent changing... After every ride or two/3-4 hrs.

Dont know why but I cant help but run Hondas syn-blend with molly in the engine and good old Honda tranny oil. I might be a bit of a label whore, but at the same time its the life blood of my bike, so I dont see any sense in skimping, if nothign else for the pease of mind. As far as finding a cheap filter good luck, your best bet might be get a Scott stainless steel one that you cna re-use.

HiFlo HF115 filters are dirt cheap.

For oil help, do a search. There are 5 000 000 threads at least in this forum on that subject.

buy what you like and what you can afford,forget what the oil nazi's say to use.

Espeically the ones alone that have 1200+ oil posts lol

Just change it often, albeit it Rotella, Honda, Spectro, or what not.

buy what you like and what you can afford,forget what the oil nazi's say to use.

Espeically the ones alone that have 1200+ oil posts lol

Just change it often, albeit it Rotella, Honda, Spectro, or what not.

Oil Nazi's, I love it!

I use Rotella synthetic in the blue bottle on both sides. I get it at Wally World for $16 per gallon.