Sign in to follow this  

50, 110, SDG, pitster pro WHAT???

My brother and i are looking at getting pit bikes. I wanted to get a 110 and he wanted to get a 50 and we would trick them out. But We arent sure if we should get those or bikes that are already ready to race such as SDG, pitster pro, or THumpstar, etc. I dont really want to spend more than 5K on the bike so should i get the 110 and do work to it or would an SDG 125 be just as fast without the work? Also i need to know about sound seeing as i dont want to disturb the neighbors, which would be louder a tricked out 110, 50, or SDG. I need the quietest one i can get with a good amount of speed.

well if your gonna spend 5k on a pit bike your insane:bonk: but if you really want to, i would get a klx110, mod it out completley, big bore kits, full suspension, swinger, wheels, seat, bars, skidplate, and all that other cool stuff... then youll have a sick bike, and you'll have fun building it

WEll i really want to spend like 3K but im willing to spend 5K. I know that 3k would be enough to buy an SDG so im not sure yet.

The X4 or X4r sound like exactly what you need. I have owned CRF 50's, 70's, and KLX110's. I can tell you the 125 Pitster with a manual clutch is way faster! Plus the upside down forks and quality breaks and suspension really make it fast on a track, while it is completely stock<< saving you alot of money.

If you really want great forks get the x4r it has the best mini forks you can buy on it stock. These Marzocchi Shivers Forks are the same ones that mini dads buy for kx65's when thier kids race at amature nationals and other big events.

Get a Pitster Pro, you will not be dissapointed!

That sounds good, except for one thing. I was watching a video by Pitster Pro and the guy specifically said the suspension i good but not as good as the other top brands. He also said they are good bikes but not the best for extremely competitive racing such as the Mini Moto SX. I want something good and competitive. So im not sure about your offer.

I would just go with a 50 or 110. Easier to get parts and more reliable. Plus you get to build your own custom bike.

i no that the LEM 50 has 13.5 hp so that would prob. be a sick bike and u can get them from $3500- 4000 i think

That sounds good, except for one thing. I was watching a video by Pitster Pro and the guy specifically said the suspension i good but not as good as the other top brands. He also said they are good bikes but not the best for extremely competitive racing such as the Mini Moto SX. I want something good and competitive. So im not sure about your offer.

Actually Pitsters maid it to the main in Las Vegas :thumbsup:. I have a Pitster and i love it, Ill try to get pics of it, it'll make your jaw :thumbsup:. They are actually very reliable, it all really comes down to the rider themselves. I would put money down that if Derek Costella rode a 146 BVH Ported Lifan engine he would still be the best of the best in all the mini classes. The Pitsters have just as many aftermarket parts for them as well. Yes the BBR 110's are the best of the best when it comes to minis, but those will burn a major hole in your wallet. Get a x4r, get a ported head from Cat5, gpx146 or Tb146, you will not be disapointed. Pitster is really the only raceable bike out of the other china bikes. They are the only bikes that have really stood out in motos and the only ones that could beat the klx's, "again depending on the rider"

Stay away from SDG IMO, and all the others

You wont regret the x4r!

good luck

Actually Pitsters maid it to the main in Las Vegas :thumbsup:. I have a Pitster and i love it, Ill try to get pics of it, it'll make your jaw :thumbsup:. They are actually very reliable, it all really comes down to the rider themselves. I would put money down that if Derek Costella rode a 146 BVH Ported Lifan engine he would still be the best of the best in all the mini classes. The Pitsters have just as many aftermarket parts for them as well. Yes the BBR 110's are the best of the best when it comes to minis, but those will burn a major hole in your wallet. Get a x4r, get a ported head from Cat5, gpx146 or Tb146, you will not be disapointed. Pitster is really the only raceable bike out of the other china bikes. They are the only bikes that have really stood out in motos and the only ones that could beat the klx's, "again depending on the rider"

Stay away from SDG IMO, and all the others

You wont regret the x4r!

good luck

Well Said!

Look at the mini moto results, and search back and look at some of the X$ reports. They are race ready depending on what version you buy. They come with marzochi forks!!! Seriously how can you get better??? They are the best, and their shock it great. Get the X4R and drop in the 146bbk and your ready to go. Check out this bike:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522639&highlight=Mini+moto

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518630&highlight=Mini+moto

I have an x4 and could not be happier with it....

If you're dead set on not buying a Chinese bike, i sent you a link (by pm)to a very nice built klx110 on another msg board in their for sale section.

There are many many built klx bikes out there that can be had for $5k..... but, you could spend half that on a race ready X4r and still have lots of money for spare parts, gear, gas.....

Good luck and have fun

Donald

:thumbsup: