Sign in to follow this  

05 YZ 125 vs 03 - worth an extra $800?

I'm looking at two bikes today. An 03 125 and an 05. Seller is offering the 05 for $800 over the price of the 03.

I will ride both but just wanted some opinions on whether the newer bike is worth the premium.

Both are in great shape, but the 03 is obviously a little more worn than the 05.

I'm looking at two bikes today. An 03 125 and an 05. Seller is offering the 05 for $800 over the price of the 03.

I will ride both but just wanted some opinions on whether the newer bike is worth the premium.

Both are in great shape, but the 03 is obviously a little more worn than the 05.

If the 03 is more worn then you have to get the 05.

Just purchased the 05 for $2400. I think that's a fair price for a bike with less than 10 hours on it!

Now for the good stuff. I can't beleive how friggin fast the thing is! I think I'm going to like this.

Just purchased the 05 for $2400. I think that's a fair price for a bike with less than 10 hours on it!

Now for the good stuff. I can't beleive how friggin fast the thing is! I think I'm going to like this.

way to go, mate! :thumbsup:

congrats!

yah thats the same bike i hope to get in a few weeks

yah thats the same bike i hope to get in a few weeks

what! those are NOT te same bike! get the 05!! in 05 yamaha went to an aluminum frame and did a bunch of motor and suspension mods! the 05 is definatly DEFINATLY worth the 800 bucks.

gees.. im coming to the U.S to buy my next bike, did some1 say $2400 for a 05'! Man good luck getting that deal in canada...

i got the exact same bike for 2800. i love the thing. best bike i ever owned. now its time to mod it...:thinking:

i got the exact same bike for 2800. i love the thing. best bike i ever owned. now its time to mod it...:thinking:

no need to mod that '05 blue bike, mate... sell it as fast as you can, then get the '06 YZ125 (see procycle for only US$2900)....

having had the opportunity to test different yammie dirt bikes (i have a dealer friend), the '06 YZ125 is absolutely way better than the '05; name it engine and suspension-wise :thumbsup:

go for it!... :ride: