My '01 LC4

Hey everyone, I am a nooB around here so I thought I would kick it off by posting pics of my LC4. I got it with 2800 miles on it and some upgrades soon to arrive are a vapor computer and 17" wheels.

lc4_1.jpg

lc4_2.jpg

Get ready to start repacking that Big Gun exhaust..Mine blew packing like a combine blowing chaff at harvest. Check for rubbing against the frame down tubes near the headers..BG didn't fit well and started to rub a hole in frame. Switched to a ProCircuit T4 and am VERY happy with that!!!

There's a bunch you can do with air box and such..depends on which way you want to go. I got a set of OEM 17's for my 01 LC4e and love having two bikes in one! Hint..pull the fork tubes UP in the triples with the 17's..much more weight on the front and more stable!!

LC'y oil changes are fun!! Have a few rags handy and burp it good!:thumbsup:

With a few cheap mods you can get 54 HP at the rear wheel on a the Dyno.

Mine has 20k very reliable miles on it so far....we love that bike like a small child.

Low miles and much sitting...pull the water pump cover and check for rust on the impeller area like this:

6-07-2006022.jpg

New washer and a little cleaning:

6-07-2006023.jpg

Oil weep at front of head is an easy fix..looks like this when done

6-07-2006017.jpg

The bike is a solid performer..not the best at single track but a great all rounder. Loads of cool parts available..and some really cool stuff at Schneider Cycles in Germany.

http://www.schneidercycles.de/

Congrat's on the new bike!

Artsy shot just for fun!

P1010303.jpg

oh and do a search on the KTM forum for main bearing issues with your motor and I have also had the counter balancer bearing go out...

BTW.. a friend of ours who also lives in your neck of the woods just bought a LC'y ..funny coincidence perhaps?

Oh wow, thanks for all the helpful info. I'll look into the water pump and and oil seep issue. Where about's do your friends live?

Also, I've heard you can use the 03+ hi flo cylinder head with the '01 lc4...any validity to this? I think I would love to do that as well as the fcr 41 and see where that gets me.

Also, I've heard you can use the 03+ hi flo cylinder head with the '01 lc4...any validity to this? I think I would love to do that as well as the fcr 41 and see where that gets me.

As far as I know the LC4 platform is all the same. IE any bit will fit type of deal.

In regard to the the pumper carb VS the CV carb ...I like the CV for the riding I do on the LC'y. I do have pumpers on our other thumpers..they are race specific. The LC'y is just an all around fun bike..PERIOD

On the KTM t a l k site there's a guy named "creeper" ..make friends with him and read his posts. Spot on on what to do and how to do it!:thumbsup:

Oh wow, thanks for all the helpful info. I'll look into the water pump and and oil seep issue. Where about's do your friends live?

Don't/won't post specifics on the guy..he works in the industry and just bought a used LC'y from the scuttlebutt I heard.

Don't/won't post specifics on the guy..he works in the industry and just bought a used LC'y from the scuttlebutt I heard.

I understand, well thanks again. I am excited to start working on the bike.