Well Guys I Did It...

I asked this in the other thread I have and had no luck. So the clear collant hose hooked up to the right rad. should it be a steady flow or just off and on?

thanks, if you can tell this is my first "real bike"

it should be "off and on". it goes to the coolant reservoir under the back fender. when the bikes warms up or over heats it will send coolant back to the reservoir to cool and back to the radiator when cool.

Actually the fluid isn't sent there for cooling (maybe as a side bonus), when the pressure in the radiator hits a certain level (you can buy different pressures radiator caps), the valve in the cap opens and the excess fluid is pushed out of the tube to the tank. When pressure in the radiator lowers, it sucks the fluid back in. The reservoir tank, like in our cars, is there to save the fluid from being lost to the ground such as on MX bikes where the overflow tube drains to the ground.

I suggest you go to thumperfaq.com. and read every article. It will tell you everything you wanted to know (and more). Fantastic site and a great source of information for someone with a lot of newbie questions. After being out of MX for almost 20 years, I picked up an almost new WR a year ago and read that site like the bible. Suggest you do the same. Enjoy, Randy. ?