Sign in to follow this  

The CRF 230 is even better than you think it is?

I have had a lot of fun on the 230 to the tune of about 1,500 miles now. The bike is completely stock except for tires.

I recently bought a KTM 450 EXC.

The KTM is a SERIOUS machine.

I still really enjoy the 230 and have discovered a new appreciation for it.

Having the ability to switch on and off both bikes on various terrain has reminded me of a few things about the Honda CRF 230.

1. It handles very well.

2. The engine runs great.

3. The shifter works smoothely.

4. The bike feels like it's less than 230#

5. The power comes on nice and has a nice broad powerband.

6. The clutch and brakes work great.

7. Although the bike is somewhat simplistic compared to bikes double the price, the crf 230 is a GREAT trail bike.

You already know all this, but I wanted you to hear it again for a specific reason.

The reason is that for those of you thinking of taking a step up to a more expensive bike, although you get what you pay for usually, the CRF 230 is a great value for what it offers.

Have a nice day.

I have had a lot of fun on the 230 to the tune of about 1,500 miles now. The bike is completely stock except for tires.

Having the ability to switch on and off both bikes on various terrain has reminded me of a few things about the Honda CRF 230.

1. It handles very well.

7. Although the bike is somewhat simplistic compared to bikes double the price, the crf 230 is a GREAT trail bike.

You already know all this, but I wanted to you hear it again for a specific reason.

The reason is that for those of you thinking of taking a step up to a more expensive bike, although you get what you pay for usually, the CRF 230 is a great value for what it offers.

Have a nice day.

Well put:thumbsup:

My wife is very happy with hers, if only it would shift from 2nd to 1st when you really need it.

I realized all of these things when switching from my new 250 to it...i love my 150 in my riding area where the local guys go I can honestly say its the only thing that has climbed EVERY hill out there more than once...mainly cause people wouldn't believe me that it would do it.

Luke

1. It handles very well.

You already know all this, but I wanted you to hear it again for a specific reason.

Have a nice day.

:thumbsup: Well put!!!

My wife is very happy with hers, if only it would shift from 2nd to 1st when you really need it.

Change the oil more often, that should do it.

I love my crf230f, I can switch to it at my house track and rip all day for 5 bucks worth of gas. it's not too big for my track and keeps my yz250 fresh for the track or forest. It doesnt foul plugs, and i can thrash it around without tearing it up. it does seem a little low on power since i weigh 240, but im going to rejet and add a pipe to solve those issues. I was also thinking of adding a different suspension link to raise the seat a little so it compares a little closer to my race bike. All in all , I think for the money you cant beat the bike for the price/fun factor. My only issue is limited selection of performance parts in the aftermarket. I think time will solve that issue as more 230's are in the field.

My only issue is limited selection of performance parts in the aftermarket. I think time will solve that issue as more 230's are in the field.

Limited selection.:thinking:. You can get big bore kits up to 251cc, several different cams and pipes a bigger carb. You can get a kit to bolt a CR85 front end on, and Works Performance makes a shock what do you need that you can't find.:excuseme:

i wish i still had my 230. it was a fun bike. but i needed to trade up and couldnt afford 2 bikes. but i love my 2002 crf450. the power is so....awesome.

I realized all of these things when switching from my new 250 to it...i love my 150 in my riding area where the local guys go I can honestly say its the only thing that has climbed EVERY hill out there more than once...mainly cause people wouldn't believe me that it would do it.

Luke

a hillclimbing 150? i can barely get mine out of a berm without bogging. i guess it can if you use alot of clutch.

a hillclimbing 150? i can barely get mine out of a berm without bogging. i guess it can if you use alot of clutch.

or just keep it in second.

my friends wont climb hills with me anymore, they say im cheating when i just leave it in 3rd and go all the way up at a steady pace when they fall on their ass half way up cause they arebeatin the hell out of it. lol

yeah i was surprised about the handling of the 230... its actually quite the beast in sand with stock tires!