Kick starter system weight ?

I've heard 9 lbs, and 11 lbs. I've never weighed them myself, but sounds reasonable. The battery in the system, a YTZ7s, weighs 4.5 lbs alone.

Yes, i read the thread about the ES kit...but what i wanted to know is not the Electric Starter kit weight but the weight of the mechanical Kick Starter system.

It's more than you would think. I don't have it with me, but i was surprised when I pulled it out of the box. I was going to put the KS kit on my '05 TC250 (came with the bike) but thought to myself "it isn't worth the weight difference". the bag with lever, gears, springs, etc. feels like it weighs about 7-8 lbs, but that's a guess.

I still have the unopened kit for my '04 TC450. On my reasonably accurate postal scales, it weighs just over a kg (or a bit under 2.5 lbs).

That was with all the parts (i.e. Lever +gears + springs,etc.) or the kickstarter lever alone ?

I ask this because Motoinfo, *felt* that was more like 7-8 Lbs !

TIA,

AJSB

It's not much, and when your battery dies on the trail you will enjoy having it.

My bike has both ES and KS...bike starts very very easily...so, i feel that it's overkill to have both systems and i want to remove one of them.

The ES seems so reliable after all these months that i was more inclined to remove the KS than the ES...if the weight saving was near the ES by 1-2Kg at least compared to the weight of the ES....

Geastman's KS weight value however is too low...maybe he only weighted the shaft ?!?

My kit is still in the bubble-wrap bag from Husqvarna. I can see the KS lever, shaft, gears, spring, seal, shims and even the unrelated holeshot device. Of course the holeshot device would only be a couple of ounces.

Not sure why you feel 2.5 lbs is low; there is not much to it...

My kit is still in the bubble-wrap bag from Husqvarna. I can see the KS lever, shaft, gears, spring, seal, shims and even the unrelated holeshot device. Of course the holeshot device would only be a couple of ounces.

Not sure why you feel 2.5 lbs is low; there is not much to it...

I was feeling that because of what Motoinfo said...i guess that Motoinfo needs to work out the muscles ?

damn, if that bag of gears, shafts, springs, nuts, seals, bolts, screws, lever, etc. weigh only 2.5 lbs then i do need to get to the gym!!! That's less than 38 ounces of stuff in that bag of shit... Sure as hell felt heavier that that, definitely way more than what the battery weighs. But hey, geastman's scales don't lie. i'm way, way too far away from the bike to go weigh it so I'll have to take his word for it. ?

damn, if that bag of gears, shafts, springs, nuts, seals, bolts, screws, lever, etc. weigh only 2.5 lbs then i do need to get to the gym!!! That's less than 38 ounces of stuff in that bag of shit... Sure as hell felt heavier that that, definitely way more than what the battery weighs. But hey, geastman's scales don't lie. i'm way, way too far away from the bike to go weigh it so I'll have to take his word for it.?

? :busted:

OK , now i'm really confused...i have no reason to doubt of any of you...but the two can't be right :cheers::bonk:?

I didn't check the weight of stock battery, but i have an YTZ7S here from another brand and the darn thing weights 2.1Kg...even if it weights a bit more than stock, if you say that the complete kit weights more than it, there is no way that the kit only weights 1Kg !!!

Again, i'm not doubting of the word of any one here but like i said the two can 't be right...

Can you please measure the weight of your KS kit ?!?