RHC CRF 250 Makes The Main

1 1 02:08.052 Practice 2 Ryan D Villopoto Poulsbo, WA Kawasaki KX250F

2 101 02:09.444 Practice 4 Ben Townley Tallahassee, FL Kawasaki KX250F

3 62 02:09.983 Practice 2 Ryan M Dungey Belle Plaine, MN Suzuki RM-Z250

4 24 02:09.995 Practice 2 Joshua M Grant Riverside, CA Honda CRF250R

5 338 02:10.207 Practice 2 Jason D Lawrence Carlsbad, CA Yamaha YZ250F

6 168 02:10.775 Practice 2 Zach M Osborne Abingdon, VA KTM 250SXF

7 60 02:11.032 Practice 2 Broc D Hepler Kittanning, PA Yamaha YZ250F

8 102 02:11.422 Practice 2 Christopher Gosselaar Victorville, CA Kawasaki KX250F

9 52 02:12.039 Practice 2 Thomas K Hahn Decatur, TX Honda CRF250R

10 58 02:12.491 Practice 4 Joshua R Hill Yoncalla, OR Yamaha YZ250F

11 75 02:12.685 Practice 2 Broc Oneal Tickle Cary, NC Yamaha YZ250F

12 56 02:12.879 Practice 4 Daniel Sani Clovis, CA Yamaha YZ250F

13 141 02:12.939 Practice 4 Steve Boniface Corona, CA Kawasaki KX250F

14 373 02:12.994 Practice 3 Drew S Gosselaar Juniper Hills, CA Honda CRF250R

15 48 02:13.122 Practice 4 Kyle P Chisholm Seminole, FL Kawasaki KX250F

16 577 02:13.164 Practice 4 Martin Davalos Cairo, GA KTM 250SXF

17 630 02:13.174 Practice 2 Matthew J Lemoine Pilot Point, TX Yamaha YZ250F

18 54 02:13.188 Practice 4 Robert S Kiniry La Fayette, NY Kawasaki KX250F

19 30 02:13.314 Practice 2 Andrew Mcfarlane Newport Beach, CA Suzuki RM-Z250

20 108 02:13.559 Practice 2 Joaquim Rodrigues Temecula, CA KTM 250SXF

21 121 02:13.576 Practice 2 Branden L Jesseman New Brighton, PA Yamaha YZ250F

22 55 02:13.709 Practice 2 Ryan Sipes Vine Grove, KY Honda CRF250R

23 340 02:13.798 Practice 4 Robert A Marshall Stow, MA Kawasaki KX250F

24 294 02:13.844 Practice 1 Ryan Grantom Tomball, TX Yamaha YZ250F

25 116 02:13.867 Practice 2 Ryan Morais Temecula, CA Yamaha YZ250F

26 73 02:14.143 Practice 2 Jake T Weimer Rupert, ID Honda CRF250R

27 344 02:14.509 Practice 2 Dusty Klatt Campbell River, BC Yamaha YZ250F

28 532 02:14.518 Practice 2 Ricky L Renner Mulberry, FL Honda CRF250R

29 33 02:14.764 Practice 4 Matthew C Goerke Lake Helen, FL Yamaha YZ250F

30 156 02:14.774 Practice 1 William A Browning Rushville, OH Suzuki RM-Z250

31 343 02:15.417 Practice 3 Stephen R Stella Westminster, MD Kawasaki KX250F

:thumbsup:

32 454 02:15.465 Practice 1 Randall W Everett Nokesville, VA Honda RHC CRF250R:thumbsup:

With room to spare

Can we assume that if he had run PC work, he would have been posting lap times seven and eight seconds faster? (J/K)

Congratulations! That is a major accomplishment for rider and equipment. :thumbsup:

Can we assume that if he had run PC work, he would have been posting lap times seven and eight seconds faster? (J/K)

Congratulations! That is a major accomplishment for rider and equipment. :thumbsup:

LOL Thanks, nope not yet

The RHC motor is closer to the Factory PC Kaws than anything PC sells to the public. In other words we have the best motor (that is available to all riders), outside a Factory ride:thumbsup:

Well done. Great seeing that.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no one can even compete with the factory kawis. Craig Dube got 16th overall at southwick. (Hes on a kawi) I believe he could have done better (maybe top 10) with a factory bike. Its not all rider in the lites class.

Racer X Rider of the Week: Craig Dube This week's Racer X Rider of the Week is Chaplin Kawasaki's Craig Dube. The Maine resident is contesting the AMA MX Lites class in 2007, and finished a career best 16th overall in the Lites class at Southwick.

Premiere Date: 6/28/2007

watch it- http://www.racerxfilms.com/archive.aspx?ft=F

Robbie Marshall is also on a Chaplin Sponsored Kawi. He is crazy fast and his family are just really great people. He lives a couple houses away from me and watching that dude ride is unfreakinbelievable! He recently had a real bad crash and busted his femur along with a few other things, he was back on his bike faster than I ever would have imagined possible.

Congradulations Randall .you guys would be suprized how close the performace of the procircut engines and and the ktm factory engines along with the honda factory engines all are .I have personally seen some of the dyno sheets from honda and the ktm s my engines are right there and it would not make a diference in lap times the suspension and rider on the other hand would make a lot of diference .when you get to 42 hp on these 250s you can maintain a good midrange power after 42 hp the midrange starts suffering thats not good in mx on the other hand a 44 or 46 hp 250 may work good for super motard .

True Ron, Dungey(suz) takes the first moto holeshot and not his first, Grant (honda) has had a few, all the top manufacturers are close in engine performance. But? I dont think Yamaha has gotten a holeshot so far this year?

I don't really think its the bike on yamaha's part. Lawrence is their #1 rider in lites, and he pretty much admits that he's way slower than the others at the beginning, and the first few laps.

True about J-Law and his starts. Congrats to RHC....World Class no doubt!!

I would think that the yamaha would work very well @ unadilla the engine is tuned for top end and will work better on a smoother fast track the engine builder is quite tight lipped about the cams hes using but im pretty sure i know what hes using .i have been watching the race results on the ama pro site while tuning on the dyn and talking with Varner about the Hondas .i have the 07 making 42.6 hp corected and 20 .8 pounds of torque ,its holding 42 hp for 1500 rpm im up 5 hp up on varners bike @ 10000 rpm this is the bike hes built for Nicolety . Nicolety says his bike is a rocket .i have a dip in the power caused by the quiet insert from 6500 to 8500 rpm it cause the air fuel ratio to drop to 10-1 i think i have a fix for it in any case its still as stong as a stocker up to 8000 rpm where it really takes off .

Im suprised how well Dungeys RMZ is doing on starts, very consistant and right up front most motos. He's no small kid, must be good power and good gear ratios. And talent of course:ride:

again congradulations Randall and steve you got some good finishes today .im done playing today i wanted to break that elusive 43 hp but did not get there 42.9 hp and 20.9 foot pounds of torque and it held 42 hp for 1800 rpm.the engine is rich coming up through the curve i tryed drilling out the air corection with very little afect what it needs is a smaler main jet and a secondary fuel circut like a power jet to feed the top end .

The RMZ is a very capable engine, with just some standard aftermarket motor parts (PC Head, Yosh Cam & Piston, PC pipe and good jetting) you can get 41 hp easy. I'm sure with even more work you could get a few more easily. Just my 2 cents. And I don't think many of the teams bikes compare to PC, I have personally talked to a few of their riders and they claim in all seriousness that their 250 feels like a 450, thats a lot comming from riders of that caliber!!

billy ainsworth was riding for chaplin w/ Marshall and Dube and got ninth overall at southwick but now hes riding for coastline

Last year Vilipotos Mechanic Told a good freind of mine another engine tuner that his bike was making a solid 42 hp .the suzuki will make over 41 hp with very little work to the cylinder head. with more extensive work to the head and replacement of the valve seats to reduce the throat area the suzuki will make some more torque and probally over42 hp .

all you need now is a 81mm cylinder to catch up to everyone else in the lights class!! ha come on everyone knows there out there, id like to pull down a few of the teams and see how honest they all are. Until ama gets on the displacement checking this is whats happening, there more worried about leaded gas and noise but are missing the picture on the engines. All top 5 engines should be checked every race. But who cares about tear downs when there fighting for a 300$ payback. the ama needs to go to spec fuel and get away from the 50$ a gallon gas that these top teams are running.A 91 octane spec fuel rule will bring the field into perspective again and maybe get the entries up. This fuel rule will level the 43 hp guys down to 40 and make a more fair chance for the entry level pro. just my 2c for today....anyone agree ?

On the grandnational circut for dirt trackthe top 3 bikes are impounded every single race and checked for displacement fuel is also sampled .i know of a couple areana cross bikes that are big bores but nobody protest .the first 04 crfs made nealy 32 hp on my dyno stock thenew 07s make mid 34 hp stock again on my dyno the same 07 bike stock bore and stroke setting on my dyno made 42.9 hp and stayed @ 42 for 1800 rpm .i dont think the procircut bikes are over 250 but i could be wrong if any one wants to argue the hp on my own personal bikes i can take them to another dyno in grand rapids michingan that will show more power yet my milder 60 hp dirt track and super motards engines have shown 63 hp on other dynos .

On the grandnational circut for dirt trackthe top 3 bikes are impounded every single race and checked for displacement fuel is also sampled .i know of a couple areana cross bikes that are big bores but nobody protest .the first 04 crfs made nealy 32 hp on my dyno stock thenew 07s make mid 34 hp stock again on my dyno the same 07 bike stock bore and stroke setting on my dyno made 42.9 hp and stayed @ 42 for 1800 rpm .i dont think the procircut bikes are over 250 but i could be wrong if any one wants to argue the hp on my own personal bikes i can take them to another dyno in grand rapids michingan that will show more power yet my milder 60 hp dirt track and super motards engines have shown 63 hp on other dynos .

yes Ron you are correct, all the dynos do vary quite abit, my buddy Jerry has 3 dynos and they are all different by 1 to 2 hp , and then Kenny down the street from me has one that is 3 to 4 hp high all the time :thumbsup:

so the dyno is just a tool used for tunning and the differences can be use by that one shop to tune that engine for that rider,

but the numbers mean very little other than that :thumbsup: ( its hard to really get the guys to understand that )

and yes there is alot of cheating going on -------and on the qualifing motor i am sure there is one hell of alot of cheating going on ( sound, fuel , lap top tweaking in motion )

but the bikes on the line for the main do not have near as much cheating going on -----and as far as displacement , i am not so sure that would be a helpfull thing to do anyway.( its hard enough to fill the small hole with the head ---much less a bigger hole with a heavier slug to try and spin 14,500. rpm .)

i know for fact that the yamahas and the hondas are 249 cc --------i can't say for fact on the pc bikes or the suzuki-------but i would bet that they are also legal displacement:excuseme:

Im pretty sure If Mike allesi would have stayed with Honda a couple of years ago and they would have involved me with the 250 lites and this is of coures based on what i have seen and heard of there KTM 250s that my engines would have been on the podium a few times .what im trying to get @ its more the rider than it is the engine a 40 hp engine can and has won the lights class .I can aford to build a winning engine i cant aford the rider