Rebuilding DR350 rear shock - possible?

I have a 1995 Suzuki DR350 with a very blown rear shock. When I checked Ron Ayers, their fiche for the bike showed only the shock whole but none of the bushings and seals available. So, is this shock rebuildable? And if Suzuki doesn't offer the parts, are there any companies that can rebuild it for a reasonable rate? Thanks.

theres one on ebay for very chap right now

I have a 1995 Suzuki DR350 with a very blown rear shock. When I checked Ron Ayers, their fiche for the bike showed only the shock whole but none of the bushings and seals available. So, is this shock rebuildable? And if Suzuki doesn't offer the parts, are there any companies that can rebuild it for a reasonable rate? Thanks.

Call Racetech, they have parts available for the DR350 rear shock, and I think they were even pretty reasonable on their service prices. I rebuilt a dirt-model DR350 rear shock (with adjustable rebound) and installed a goldvalve kit from RaceTech, its a night and day difference, the best money I ever spent on the old DR.

http://racetech.com/

NCRICK seems to be the DR350 shock guru. He can rebuild / revalve to your weight and riding style. See:

http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php/topic,56414.0.html

Very good forum for DR350 owners.

NCRICK does a great job from what I've read on MaxZuk, he uses RaceTech parts and valving specs I beleive, although if I remember correctly he builds/machines his own replacement seal heads for the shock rather than using RaceTech's rebuild parts in that case. Either way,whether you use NCRICK or just deal with RaceTech directly, IMHO rebuilding and revalving the rear shock is THE best performance upgrade a person can do on these old DRs.

Thanks guys! Several members have even donated or traded me old shocks so I have been able to repair some shocks that were really messed up. Not surprisingly with these bikes being "older" the shocks we are seeing are WAY overdue for service. Most have some type of black sludge in them that is trying to do the job of damping fluid. Once these things are serviced, they work SO much better. The dirt shocks in particular are really fairly good and I recommend folks have the shocks serviced prior to changing springs as the stock springs are good for guys up to about 200 lbs (dependent on riding style). I am going to add some more DR info to my website (motocd.com) soon.