Sign in to follow this  

Motion Pro valve spring tool

I just used my motion pro valve spring compression tool for the first time today, and this thing is sweet. $130 off a tool truck. I've replaced the valves on 15-20 of these CRF heads and I used to use a piece of pipe w/ a notch cut out to fit a magnet in to grab the keepers/cotters, and a bench vise.This method was a pain in the ass and usually involved using a lot of obscenities. With this tool it takes about 1.5 minutes to remove the valve.

I just used my motion pro valve spring compression tool for the first time today, and this thing is sweet. $130 off a tool truck. I've replaced the valves on 15-20 of these CRF heads and I used to use a piece of pipe w/ a notch cut out to fit a magnet in to grab the keepers/cotters, and a bench vise.This method was a pain in the ass and usually involved using a lot of obscenities. With this tool it takes about 1.5 minutes to remove the valve.

Purpose-built tools are the way to go. Rather than redneck it, I use "expensive" tools and do it right the first time - even if I've never done it before. I have lots of MoPro tools - very nice stuff. I've saved their cost many times over by being able to confidently do work myself that many would leave to a shop.

OTC also has a very good OHV compressor that I picked up new for about $80.00CND I have nothing bad to say about it.

Which SIZE MP valve tool do you use? I've noticed they have two sizes of these and don't really seem to explain which ones fit what.

I don't know how big it is relative to different models, but the Motion Pro part number stamped on the unit is: 08 0247