Solid Foam Tire Inserts

:busted: HI THERE, I AM HAVING PROBLEMS (ALSO MY RIDING PALS)WITH SOME WEIRD PLACED ROOF NAILS ON THE TRAILS WE FREQUENTLY RIDE:foul: ...., SO WITHOUT EVEN MENTION ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT:banghead: ...., MY QUESTION IS REGARINDG FOAM INSERTS.

I'VE HEARD ABOUT THEM FROM YEARS NOW , I AM FROM ITALY AND PEOPLE OVER SEAS HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR AT LEAST 15 YEARS (MICHELIN BIB MOUSSE), BUT I NEVER GOT INVOLVED , COS' I NEVER WAS IN NEED FOR THEM.

I' VE BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH LATELY AND I FOUND DIFFERENTS OPTIONS (ALL EXPENSIVE BUY THE WAY), MICHELIN BIB MOUSSE, DUNLOP CRESCENT ,MOOSE BLUE INSERTS AND TECH TUBES.

SOME OF THEM WITH INER TUBES , SOME WITHOUT THEM ,MOST OF THEM HARD TO INSTALL AND NOT FOR ROOKIES (I'VE HEARD).

NOW THE QUESTION IS, DOES ANYBODY KNOW BY TRUE SCIENCE HOW DO THEY WORK IN REAL LIFE ?, WICH ONE IS BETTER FOR TRAIL RIDING?,WHERE TO BUY THEM THE CHEAPEST?,ETC.

I'VE ALSO READ ABOUT THE MAGIC BALLS , BUT THEY ARE EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE AND A PAIN IN THE .....I HEARD:blah: :thumbsup:

I APPRECIATE ANY INFO ABOUT THIS MATTER, I HAVE ALREADY NAILS ENOUGH TO RE ROOF MY HOUSE, AND I DON'T NEED MORE:cry: :thumbsup:

PS. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY ENGLISH GRAMMAR MISTAKES:excuseme: , GRAZIE , CIAO.

I just put my first Michelin Bib Mousse in last week on the front tire. It wasn't as difficult as I had expected. The key is to use several tire irons (I used 4), pair of needle nose locking pliers to hold the bead down when you first start mounting the tire, and to use a couple locking pliers to squeeze the tire down on the opposite side of where you are working the final portion of the bead over the rim. I haven't ridden too much on it yet (~40 miles) but so far I didn't see too much of a difference. Some hits on sharp edges do have more of a jolt compared to a tube, but it's worth it to me since I've dnf'ed 2 races this year due to front flat tires.

there are also these things called tire balls, i believe they are made by all balls, or somthing, like that. They have a simalar approach as the bib mouse has. Good Luck :thumbsup: