250F big bore

What brand of 250F would be the best for puting in a big bore kit? I am going to buy a 08 250F and do a 290 kit but not sure what would be the best bike to start with.

I would look for the best overall bike then go from there

they make big bore kits for all the bike, so you are better of buying a bike that suits your needs the best.

p.s. you can never go wrong with Yamaha :thumbsup:

they make big bore kits for all the bike, so you are better of buying a bike that suits your needs the best.

Or a honda for that matter

they make big bore kits for all the bike, so you are better of buying a bike that suits your needs the best.:

Good advice....

That is a little over the top. I understand that you like Yami's, but your second statement cancels out the first!

I have never ridden the Yamaha, but for all I know it could be the best for me. I bleed green so I like the Kawi's, but I would never recommend a make of bike based on my preferences.

I would prefer to expose a rider to as many makes as possible to let them decide for themselves, and that includes letting them throw a leg over my KLX450R

torch

Why not just go with a 450 at that point?:thumbsup:

I had a YZ-250F with a 280 Big Bore. Hands down it was one of the best bikes I've owned. Raced it in the age class against the big bikes and it held it's own just fine. :thumbsup:

I didn't go the 290 because I didn't want the liner, liners = heat.

I keep going back & forth,,,,smoker, thumper, smoker, thumper and I'm leaning toward a KX-250F and go another Big Bore.