YZ426->450 conversion DONE!

could someone please fill me in bout wat this "Green sticker" means, cheers
i was wondering that too. why that makes a guy keep a bike, isn't it transferable to a new bike?

Search "Red Sticker" in the California forum. There are endless threads about this, but I'll explain it in a nut shell.

Mx bikes, 2003 and newer, are issued a Red Sticker tag. This limits the bike to be ridden about 9 months out of the year. Each riding area is different. For example, 90% of the riding areas I ride in Northern California are open year round for red sticker bikes.

All trail bikes (CRF X, WR, EXC, etc...) are issued green stickers, which means they can ride year round at any riding area.

All bikes 2002 or older, regardless of mx or trail, are issued greens stickers. That's why some guys prefer to keep their 2002 YZ426's instead of getting a newer 450.

• Like 2

this post sure reminds me how good us Iowa, and other non-emission tested states have it. all i need to ride at parks is a current year registration sticker which costs about $15

Ummm. I'm pretty sure you can't compare riding in IOWA compared to California. Yes, emissions are a pain in the ass, but you have to pay a price for living in an area with almost every single different type of terrain (desert, mountains, tight woods, dunes, prarie/flat, etc) at your fingertips. Plus our climate absolutely craps on any midwest state. Year round riding in California is a big advantage.

And yes I have been to Iowa/Missouri/Minnesota/Wisconsin. I go there just about every other year to see my family.

Search "Red Sticker" in the California forum. There are endless threads about this, but I'll explain it in a nut shell.

Mx bikes, 2003 and newer, are issued a Red Sticker tag. This limits the bike to be ridden about 9 months out of the year. Each riding area is different. For example, 90% of the riding areas I ride in Northern California are open year round for red sticker bikes.

All trail bikes (CRF X, WR, EXC, etc...) are issued green stickers, which means they can ride year round at any riding area.

All bikes 2002 or older, regardless of mx or trail, are issued greens stickers. That's why some guys prefer to keep their 2002 YZ426's instead of getting a newer 450.

Man that is so GAY!!! Yet another reason why I love TX!

Ummm. I'm pretty sure you can't compare riding in IOWA compared to California. Yes, emissions are a pain in the ass, but you have to pay a price for living in an area with almost every single different type of terrain (desert, mountains, tight woods, dunes, prarie/flat, etc) at your fingertips. Plus our climate absolutely craps on any midwest state. Year round riding in California is a big advantage.

And yes I have been to Iowa/Missouri/Minnesota/Wisconsin. I go there just about every other year to see my family.

Awesome points NorCal ? You may not be able to go to the parks at this time of year if you have a red sticker in california, but you can still find decent place to ride at this time of year if you know where to go.

• Like 1

Looks sick!!!

There are a few other things I would do.

1. new grips, all black or black and blue

2. a carbon fiber rear disk guard, or a billet shark fin

3. Some blue hubs to go with your blue rear spring.

4. polish your swing arm.

?