Stick Coil Question

I was checking my compression when I surprisingly got zapped by the outside of my stick coil. Shouldn't the tip of the stick coil (where it connects to spark plug) be the only part conducting electricity? I recently overheated my bike and the coil looks melted. I posted the recent thread about my bike running great then just dying without any notice. Then it would start up and run for another 10 minutes. Would this be typical of a damaged stick coil? Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now