Black to Blue

Finally got around to throwing my blue plastics on my black SM today. Still on the fence about changing the headlight plastic to blue. The fender is a little larger than the SM too but I don't think it looks all that bad.

Before:

beforeblue1.jpg

After:

afterblue1.jpg

Should I change the headlight plastic to blue?

afterblue2.jpg

Edit: Forgot to thank Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply for the Zing graphics. Made the blue look even better in my opinion.

Yeah just find a cool graphic for above the headlight wiht a little Blue in it. You got that little bit of black on the tank to tie it together.

If you had the white stripes continue onto the sidepanels and then a white rear fender with a little blue the transition woulld be complete.

Nice work, cant wait till I get my blue sides on there.

Either blue or a white headlight shroud to break it up a little bit and matching lower fork covers and a swingarm tape set.

On second thought maybe stay with the blue and black theme.It kind of grows on you.

No swingarm tape for me. I kind of like the clean look of the aluminum. I'm going to see if it grows on me more with the black headlight cover. It does kind of go with the black on the tank graphic.

afterblue2.jpg

Edit: Forgot to thank Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply for the Zing graphics. Made the blue look even better in my opinion.

Nice looking bike, you gotta love the blue!? Here's what an all blue 'S' looks like.?

bluedrzleft.jpg

You gotta get the blue headlight shroud. BTW, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the graphics?

Later...

Finally got around to throwing my blue plastics on my black SM today. Still on the fence about changing the headlight plastic to blue. The fender is a little larger than the SM too but I don't think it looks all that bad.

Before:

beforeblue1.jpg

After:

afterblue1.jpg

afterblue2.jpg

Get the blue, and complete the package. Looks sweet!?

I think I'm going to do the same with my 07SM, it's a black one, and I'm like'in the blue. Are those aftermarket plastics?

Yeah that is the blue plastic set sold exclusive to thumpertalk store. Was curious if you put those graphics over your black tank or did you get a blue one. I was going to buy that graphics kit but wanted to get a opinion on what it would look like if i applied them directly over stock graphics.?

Nice looking bike, you gotta love the blue!? Here's what an all blue 'S' looks like.?

bluedrzleft.jpg

You gotta get the blue headlight shroud. BTW, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the graphics?

Later...

The graphics are $55 at wheeling cycle.

Get the blue, and complete the package. Looks sweet!?

I think I'm going to do the same with my 07SM, it's a black one, and I'm like'in the blue. Are those aftermarket plastics?

The blue plastics are from the Thumpertalk store, made by UFO. Nice quality. The only thing that had to be modified was the rear fender. It's made to fit an E model so there is some trimming to be done but it didn't take all that long to do.

Yeah that is the blue plastic set sold exclusive to thumpertalk store. Was curious if you put those graphics over your black tank or did you get a blue one. I was going to buy that graphics kit but wanted to get a opinion on what it would look like if i applied them directly over stock graphics.?

I actually purchased a used S model blue tank on ebay about a year ago. I was going to go with the stock graphics from Suzuki but they're about $75 per side. I got the set of Zing graphics from Wheeling for $55 and just put them over the stock graphics on the blue tank. The Zing graphics are so thick that you can't even tell that there's anything underneath and if you put them on in the right spot, you can't see any of the stock graphics.

How are you liking the KTM mirrors? (not too many people recognize them)

I've beat the crap out of mine, and other than scratches, they are holding up real well.

The KTM mirrors are one of the best mods I've done. They're holding up very well, they don't vibrate and they stick out slightly wider than stock so I get a better view. Not cheap but they were worth the money to me.

I think it looks great just the way it is...?

I'm wondering...Is it still possible to get one of those blue plastic kits from TT, or all they all gone?...

Thanks! It's growing on me just the way it is too.

Looks like you can still order the set but it may take a while to get it:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/pgs_ufo_drzkitbl.htm