Sign in to follow this  

Wheel Spacers

They put additional stress on your ball joints and other front end components. It cant be much different that rims with less back spacing doing the same thing though.

• Like 1

They put additional stress on your ball joints and other front end components. It cant be much different that rims with less back spacing doing the same thing though.

so i could accomplish the same thing by getting a rim with less back spacing, damn that didnt even occur to me, partly cause i dont really pay attention to rims and crap, but when i get my first whip soon, i think im gonna get some spacers,

is it that much extra stress, like alot to where its gonna break alot easier?

so i could accomplish the same thing by getting a rim with less back spacing, damn that didnt even occur to me, partly cause i dont really pay attention to rims and crap, but when i get my first whip soon, i think im gonna get some spacers,

is it that much extra stress, like alot to where its gonna break alot easier?

It can and will cause accelerated wear on ball joints, wheel bearings, and other front end components (think lever-the longer the lever or spacer, the more force is transmitted), add more width to the track, and force you to install fender extensions in order to stay in compliance with many jurisdictions laws regarding open wheels being banned (flying rocks and such).

Why do you want/need spacers?

Why do you want/need spacers?

thanks hauler, i didnt rekon that they would wear the wheel bearings faster,

and to this fella, i dont need em, they just look bad ass on some trucks,

if you make your wheels stick out rocks coming off them will chip the paint on your "whip"

Another thing to consider about spacers. The center hole is used for wheel alignment on many vehicles. Spacers defeat that purpose and center the wheels on the studs, not nearly as accurate. This can cause shimmy or vibration at highway speeds, regardless of balance.

dont get them....my dad and a couple friends have had spacers force the lugs out and all there wheels almost fell off......get new wheels