edelbrock carb for drz?

Has anyone run or know someone who has run one of these on their drz's. are they any good? How do they compare to the fcr?

Do a search. Everything i've read on here says that are junk.

Plain and simple, the word from the field and the experts are... They suck. Get a FCR

I beatcha. :thumbsup:

I beatcha. :thumbsup:

That's 'cause you live closer to Kalifornia! :thumbsup:

That's 'cause you live closer to Kalifornia! :thumbsup:

Dang. I'm right next door to ya in West By Garsh Virginny. I can't be THAT much closer to Kaliforn-i-a can I? :thumbsup:

Has anyone run or know someone who has run one of these on their drz's.

I had one. :busted:

are they any good?

I said, I had one !!!!!!

How do they compare to the fcr?

They don't.

Is that all clear enough :thumbsup:

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

Neil. :thumbsup::cheers::bonk:

Neil, you crack me up!:thumbsup:

Neil, you crack me up!:bonk:

Anytime Will :lol:

Neil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

Psst, anyone want a cheap edelbrock :cheers:

I had one. :busted:

I said, I had one !!!!!!

They don't.

Is that all clear enough :thumbsup:

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

Neil. :thumbsup::cheers::bonk:

thats a bit a different storey to the way you described it on eBay, Neil!

Was a good improvement IIRC, as you described it.

thats a bit a different storey to the way you described it on eBay, Neil!

Was a good improvement IIRC, as you described it.

Yes I said it made a good improvement, and it did.

It made an improvement to the pick up from low revs, and pulled a little harder up top.

I forgot to mention that it did this at the expense of fuel consumption, and good clean caburation everywhere else.

All the information is out there, and not difficult to find, but if you buy without looking, well "Buyer Beware"

But as the buyer left positive feedback, I can only assume he was happy, after all it was cheap enough.

Neil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

Has anyone run or know someone who has run one of these on their drz's. are they any good? How do they compare to the fcr?

I have an Edelbrock Carb on my DRZ400-S for 4 years. I am EXTREMELY SATISFIED with it. I am in the Army and in up living and riding in different areas from Ft Polk, Louisiana to Ft Lewis, Washington. During the move from LA to WA I stopped in Colorado Springs and rode there. I stopped in Eli, Nevada and rode there and I've been riding all around Washington State. When the Altitude changes this carb is VERY EASY TO ADJUST and I KEEP RIDING!!! NO JETS AS ADVERTISED. I L O V E T H I S C A R B ! ! ! !

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me. This carb does a little dent in the fuel milage area (going from 36mm to a 40mm) to be expected. I can get the front up a lot easier now. I am in Iraq now but when i get back I will install an Athena 440 kit.:thumbsup:

I have an Edelbrock Carb on my DRZ400-S for 4 years. I am EXTREMELY SATISFIED with it. I am in the Army and in up living and riding in different areas from Ft Polk, Louisiana to Ft Lewis, Washington. During the move from LA to WA I stopped in Colorado Springs and rode there. I stopped in Eli, Nevada and rode there and I've been riding all around Washington State. When the Altitude changes this carb is VERY EASY TO ADJUST and I KEEP RIDING!!! NO JETS AS ADVERTISED. I L O V E T H I S C A R B ! ! ! !

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me. This carb does a little dent in the fuel milage area (going from 36mm to a 40mm) to be expected. I can get the front up a lot easier now. I am in Iraq now but when i get back I will install an Athena 440 kit.:thumbsup:

From a design perspective, I am sure that there is one setup that the edelbrock works good for. The problem is that once you change something like exhaust, cams, displacement, etc. The whole dynamics of tuning the motor are gonna change. I would think about a FCR with that BB kit.

From a design perspective, I am sure that there is one setup that the edelbrock works good for. The problem is that once you change something like exhaust, cams, displacement, etc. The whole dynamics of tuning the motor are gonna change. I would think about a FCR with that BB kit.

I will let all of you know how it rides with the BB kit for I have had no problems with the Edelbrock Carb. (if it aint broke.....) I hope to be home for R&R in Feb.

I will let all of you know how it rides with the BB kit for I have had no problems with the Edelbrock Carb. (if it aint broke.....) I hope to be home for R&R in Feb.

Definately let us know.....:excuseme: On a more serious note, keep it safe out there man. I can't speak for everyone on here, but the majority of us appreciate the good work :thumbsup:

Definately let us know.....:excuseme: On a more serious note, keep it safe out there man. I can't speak for everyone on here, but the majority of us appreciate the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks Bro!:thumbsup::ride:

just saw this thread I had an edelbrock and threw it away. its the worst carb ever!!!! dont get it!!! youll never get the bike to run right on it, i installed it and tried to tune the bike for about a week, i gave up and sent the bike to a local dirtbike shop the specialize in performance, they called me back two days later having given up, they said put the Kiehin FCR. I wasnt dont yet though, I then took the bike to the dealership where i bought it and to make a long story short after a week they called me back just as pissed as me. so i pickup the bike and the FCR, went home and that night was doing third gear power wheel :)

dont get the edelbrock, it is the coolest looking becasue its polished, but they need to stick with hotrods. thats my two cents

just saw this thread I had an edelbrock and threw it away. its the worst carb ever!!!! dont get it!!! youll never get the bike to run right on it, i installed it and tried to tune the bike for about a week, i gave up and sent the bike to a local dirtbike shop the specialize in performance, they called me back two days later having given up, they said put the Kiehin FCR. I wasnt dont yet though, I then took the bike to the dealership where i bought it and to make a long story short after a week they called me back just as pissed as me. so i pickup the bike and the FCR, went home and that night was doing third gear power wheel :)

dont get the edelbrock, it is the coolest looking becasue its polished, but they need to stick with hotrods. thats my two cents

I have a friend who has had the Edelbrock on his bike for about 2 years, had problems tuning his bike once. It cost him 375.00 and two weeks at the dealership to find a loose screw on the part that connects the slide to the throttle shaft. The manual says to make sure that screw was locktite. The loose screw caused the slide to intermittently close all the way when off the throttle. His bike has ran as well as mine ever since. maybe all you needed was a good Mechanic willing to find the true problem.

That's two of us satisfied with Edelbrock!!:ride:

I have a friend who has had the Edelbrock on his bike for about 2 years, had problems tuning his bike once. It cost him 375.00 and two weeks at the dealership to find a loose screw on the part that connects the slide to the throttle shaft. The manual says to make sure that screw was locktite. The loose screw caused the slide to intermittently close all the way when off the throttle. His bike has ran as well as mine ever since. maybe all you needed was a good Mechanic willing to find the true problem.

That's two of us satisfied with Edelbrock!!:ride:

That screw being loose can only cause one problem, the slide will not open.

That screw is the only connection between the slide and the throttle drum.

Cannot, and will not cause any other problem.

If the screw is done up tight, without making sure the strip of spring steel is lined up correctly the throttle may hang up.

Two of you are happy, well whoopee, 2 out of a few thousand is great news :banghead:

If I seem a little down on Edelbrocks it's because I have been there and done it, I have also spent the money on Dyno time.

And on import duty, I even had to pay the duty a second time to get my carb back after it was returned for inspection :cry:

Which is when I sold it :banghead:

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

cool if it worked for you awsome. but i still say their bike carbs suck, and most people that have messed with them seem to also say there motorcycle carbs suck. Cars they are great but they need to stick with multi-cyclider multi-wheeled vehicles.