CRF150RB(Expert) rear suspension question

What type of rear suspension modifications would need to be made in order for a 200 lb. adult to ride a 2007/2008 Honda CRF150RB(Expert) without experiencing too much bottoming out? The rider will rarely if ever be doing any jumping with the bike, and even then the jumps would be very, very small. If the rider won't be jumping this bike hardly any at all, would it even be necessary to modify the front or rear suspension on this bike?

If you just gonna be riding trails and stuff you might not have to. Just go ride like you normally do and see if you bottom out. If you bottom out to much then you should probely get new springs. Get springs for the fork and shock so the suspension is balenced out

You will want to go with stiffer springs at least.

doc

I run a .40 in front and 6.0 in rear. I`m about 195.

yeah Ryan and shocdoc are right, even for mild trail riding springs are almost a must with someone that big on the bike. I cant imagine it being set up for much more than 115 lbs stock.

I run a .40 in front and 6.0 in rear. I`m about 195.

I have a several 165# rders using this set-up. The .40's are plenty stiff. (esp. with the mid and basevalve work I did.) and the 6.0 gives me fairly good sag numbers but could almost go to 6.2

doc

I have a several 165# rders using this set-up. The .40's are plenty stiff. (esp. with the mid and basevalve work I did.) and the 6.0 gives me fairly good sag numbers but could almost go to 6.2

doc

I looked at the BBR 6.3 but it did not have enough travel. And I couldn't justify making a lot of 6.3's for us :thumbsup: