Sign in to follow this  

hate my bike

i was having problems getting my03 ltz 400 to run when i put my pipe on well i got it to run but it feels like its surging when im riding it and i dont know what it is . my altitude is 0-50 feet above sea level humidity is usualy around 50% and the bike is stock minus the pipe so i dont know wat to do

my jetting is stock right now forgot to ad thatin first post

and it pops when i let off the throttle. i ordered a jd jet kit will that have what i need to cure my prob

yes the llid is still on the bike does run just not like it should. what im saying is it had more power with hte stock pipe . when it idles it revs up and down , maybe 300 rpms from were its suppose to be

i had a 04 z400 i put a pipe on and it ran weird but after trial and error i finally found that changing the jet was what it needed try a 145 jet that should work and take out the spark arrestor out should run pretty good let me know

simply adding a pipe wont make the jetting so bad it wont run.

is the air box lid still on?

I've watched it several times. They are on the edge from the factory and any mod will tip them over. Give it FUEL and get on the fat side then back into the tune up. Can't wait for EFI and all the crap it brings.

would a 145 work for my altitude of about 20 feet will my jd jet kit include the nessecary jetting that i need

i dont know wat type carb it is and i dont runn with the lid off.... i just want to know wat jetting i might need for my alltitude

I've watched it several times. They are on the edge from the factory and any mod will tip them over. Give it FUEL and get on the fat side then back into the tune up. Can't wait for EFI and all the crap it brings.

sorry,but simply adding a pipe wont cuase it to run as bad as what he describes.

will it run better with proper jetting?yes.

but just goin rich for sake of doing it isnt the way to go about it.

EFI will be better in every aspect.

i dont know wat type carb it is and i dont runn with the lid off.... i just want to know wat jetting i might need for my alltitude

you have soemthing else going on.vacuum line connected to the petcock?did you have the carb apart?

i did take the carb apart to put the 165 mj in and then to take it out and put the stock jet back in ..... and yes the vacuum line is connected to the petcock

no i didnt take out the needle whats the difference cause i dont know