Sign in to follow this  

Where?

Ok. So it's time for a family riding trip for the weekend. Easy. Somewhere in the burn. Right?

Wrong.

Ma just got a brand new Recon, so she is in on the fun. Mom ALSO has to have full electricity and water. She barely gets by without having cable, so that wont be needed:bonk:

So my question is:

Can you guys give me names of some riding places (trails) within... say 4-5 hours of Portland, that has hookups for a motorhome?

Pops asked me to find somewhere on the internet, and I thought this would be the place:applause:

-Thanks in advance:ride:

Forgot to mention...

As a bonus.. I was looking for a place that has a mixture of trails. Easy ones for my mom and brother, and more hard, difficult ones for my dad and me.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention...

As a bonus.. I was looking for a place that has a mixture of trails. Easy ones for my mom and brother, and more hard, difficult ones for my dad and me.

Thanks.

Florence is the only place I've seen hook-up-equipped camp grounds very near trails (which are really not trails, and they are not for beginners).

Florence is the only place I've seen hook-up-equipped camp grounds very near trails (which are really not trails, and they are not for beginners).

Yes, but isn't Florence sand? I wasn't looking to go riding in sand, just regular dirt trails.

I was looking at this site, but I wasn't sure if I could get from the campground, to the riding area, on the bikes and quads.

http://www.morrowcountyparks.org/68505.html

Gifford Pinchot near the town of Randle, WA has just those trails you are looking for, quad trails and bike trails.

Little Jeff

Gifford Pinchot near the town of Randle, WA has just those trails you are looking for, quad trails and bike trails.

Little Jeff

Thanks a bunch Jeff!

Do you know if it has hookups for an RV?

They do have a campground for RV's but not sure if they have hook ups though. Might have to bring in all your own water and such.

Jeff

Thanks a bunch Jeff!

Do you know if it has hookups for an RV?

As I mentioned earlier...no hook ups anywhere (near trails)...

You might be better off looking for camp grounds first, then consider the challenge to get to trails.

Tumalo State Park comes to mind.

Yes, but isn't Florence sand? I wasn't looking to go riding in sand, just regular dirt trails.

I was looking at this site, but I wasn't sure if I could get from the campground, to the riding area, on the bikes and quads.

http://www.morrowcountyparks.org/68505.html

I was going to suggest either Morrow County OHV park. Yes, you can ride to the trails right from your RV or Lehman Hot Springs. They have full hookups and a Hot springs pool for swiming and is right next to the Winom Frazier OHV system and yes, you can ride to the trails from your RV. The Morrow county park is mostly quad trails and mostly fairly easy. The Wimon area has lots of easy quad trails near Lehman and there are a few more difficult single track trails is you know where to look.

xr250....i was with little jeff riding today at gifford ( fantastic ), and yes....first town north of blue lake system trailhead has rv park with full hookups. when we left ( rode with russ)....i asked him to cruise through the 2 camping areas that have direct access to the trails as i too have an rv and wanted to see for future use. anyway, first one closest to blue lake th had only dry camping ( very nice heavily wooded), second one farther north had water hookups, also very nice and very wooded/private. sooo....just hook up and buy or rent a small generator. what a great place to ride...wow!!

Joe

There are state/private campgrounds near Gifford Pinchot but to ride in/out you sort of have to dry camp. I've stayed at Lake Wenatchee State Park (full hookups) and rode too, but you have to truck in.

But it's much more fun and easier just to dry camp and ride in/out of your camp site - I would consider getting a generator to make this all possible and still have all the cushy stuff of home while in the RV. The ladies still may not like it but life is a lot easier with power.

Thanks for all the help guys. We ended up going to Morrow county OHV park and had a blast. I am about to post some pictures up in the pics and vid forum.

Once again, thanks guys.

-Mike:ride: