Rode a YZ250....

Well I took a turn on my husbands YZ250 today...lol I knew it would be faster but it was crazy fast. It has a few mods done but i'm used to my stock RM125. He started it and I told him I wanna try it. He told me... Well ok.:thumbsup:

I got as far up on the tank as I could and took off. That bike didn't even know I was on there.....lol. It stood up in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.....but by then I was running out of room....lol. I look back to see my husband on my RM comming after me....LMAO! He said...I didn't think you would open it up!....hehehe. I see a bigger bike in my near future!!!!! I loved the power!!!:thumbsup: After I got back on my RM it felt so light and wimpy!....LOL! I still need alot more seat time on my RM before I move up but Hubby's going to have to take turns with his until then.....heheh:thumbsup:

nice ride, sis!! :thumbsup: any photos yet?

what year model was his YZ250?

nice ride, sis!! :thumbsup: any photos yet?

what year model was his YZ250?

No pics yet. Going to try to get some tomorrow!!! Its a 2001 YZ:thumbsup:

Thats too funny. One ride ... then two... then all of a sudden it's OUR bike. heeheehee...good job Sarah...I love my 250...the power is hard to give up. Thats why I hate myself everytime I ride my hubby's 450...mine feels whimpy after riding the bigger bike. It's a vicious circle. haahaa

hehehe..... His 250 smoker will definatly run with the 450's! Were taking them both to the track today so well see how long he lets me ride the big boy bike!!!!:thumbsup:

Ha, that's funny! I was like that the first time I tried out Karl's 500 I liked it, 2nd time I rode it (and I'd ridden several others also that day) I decided that was what I wanted.

Now I'm starting to really have fun on the 125, going the totally opposite direction from you!

As far as the 250 smoker running with the 450's, my kid rode the Oregon Old Timers Support B Class at Washougal last year. It's open to all ages and all bikes you just pick if you are an A, B or C rider. He said he had a blast passing all the guys on 450's with his 125.

It's the rider, not the bike (but the more power, the easier it is to handle in my opinion)! :thumbsup:

Well I took a turn on my husbands YZ250 today...lol I knew it would be faster but it was crazy fast. It has a few mods done but i'm used to my stock RM125. He started it and I told him I wanna try it. He told me... Well ok.:thumbsup:

I got as far up on the tank as I could and took off. That bike didn't even know I was on there.....lol. It stood up in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.....but by then I was running out of room....lol. I look back to see my husband on my RM comming after me....LMAO! He said...I didn't think you would open it up!....hehehe. I see a bigger bike in my near future!!!!! I loved the power!!!:thumbsup: After I got back on my RM it felt so light and wimpy!....LOL! I still need alot more seat time on my RM before I move up but Hubby's going to have to take turns with his until then.....heheh:thumbsup:

Seat time?!! If your opening it up in third I think your ready for your own 250:thumbsup:

Seat time?!! If your opening it up in third I think your ready for your own 250:thumbsup:

Yea thats what i think!...lol. I have been on e-bay the last 2 days looking for my OWN!!!:thumbsup: I'm still going to keep the RM125 though.....I just don't think I could part with it! I have lost alot of blood, gotten my worse scrapes and bruises on that bike....lol.:busted: I feel like its part of me now...lol...does that make sense???:thumbsup:

bbboom- I cant imaging the way a 500 feels! I hope I get the chance to ride one. I know what you mean about the 125's keeping up with the 450's. I have no trouble keeping up with hubby on his 250 in the woods but we get to a flat and I have it rung out in 6th and still can't catch him...lol.

I'm still going to keep the RM125 though.....I just don't think I could part with it! I have lost alot of blood, gotten my worse scrapes and bruises on that bike....lol.:busted: I feel like its part of me now...lol...does that make sense???:thumbsup:

As crazy as that sounds, it does make alot of sense. lol I think we all feel that way about our "first". lol. :thumbsup:

As crazy as that sounds, it does make alot of sense. lol I think we all feel that way about our "first". lol. :thumbsup:

I may be the exception. I was thrilled to see my first bike getting hauled off in someone else's truck. I kept it way too long, though, mainly because of $ reasons ... I had long outgrown it.

Yeah, I was happy to see the KLX300 find a new home too. But I don't know if I can ever part company with my CR500, he's my baby!

Yeah I'm kinda stuck on my 200. I'd rather add more bikes than trade her in. That might be more because I'm cheap than sentimental, though.

Yeah I'm kinda stuck on my 200. I'd rather add more bikes than trade her in. That might be more because I'm cheap than sentimental, though.

Nothin wrong with that. :thumbsup:

it makes perfect sense (the bike feeling like a part of you now). It hasn't taken me long to bond with my bike. I have only been riding for a few weeks now and I am in LOVE!