Bars? Grip? Sack?

After 30hrs on the 05, i am finally starting to feel one with my bike and comfortable. My question is, why in the hell are my hands going numb? I have been riding a lot of WOT 4th and 5th on logging roads and loose gravel long steady hill climbs, aka mountain roads. After a hour, i am done. cant hold on anymore becuase i cant feel my hands. any suggestions would help.:thumbsup:

have the same problem and heres what worked for me..

i asprin before riding to get blood flow better, lottsa water,and loosen-up on the grips whenever you get a chance or notice the tingling starting..gl

ohh ya try changing the bars in a different position in case the angle there at is cosing the problem

fill your bars with foam sealant from howes or loam depot....guy said that on here earlier today....sonobob i think....i have not done it but i am thinking about it

sack.......&%$#@!....

it's hanging between that old brown dogs legs

I have the same problem. It is not like when my forearms blow up and get tight. I think I may have carpal tunnel syndrome but have not went to the doc yet to see if that is what is going on. It is usually my index and middle fingers on both hands.

it's hanging between that old brown dogs legs

hahhhahahahahahahaaahaahhhaaa

ya, sack, like i meant do i just need to sack up... like i tell the guys at work. "Do you need me to wash the sand out of your snapper or what" get back to work!

anyway, thanks for the tips!

ya, sack, like i meant do i just need to sack up... like i tell the guys at work. "Do you need me to wash the sand out of your snapper or what" get back to work!

anyway, thanks for the tips!

lol........:thumbsup:

ahaha, classic.

I went from a 250F to a 450. So when I got on the 450, I just felt like a beefed up 250.

I ONLY drink water. Eat healthy. And exercise as much as possible. I NEVER have any problem holding onto those bars.

thing is some might have a death grip without knowing.....there fore you have numb hands

fill your bars with foam sealant from howes or loam depot....guy said that on here earlier today....sonobob i think....i have not done it but i am thinking about it

Yeah, it was me. It does help to cut down the vibration being transfered through the bars. It isn't a 100% cure, but does help a lot. And the loosening of the death grip will take care of most if not all of the rest. The next thing for my '06 is gonna be the clear rubberized grip tape on the frame, shrouds, etc., etc. It's hard to ease up on the death grip if your legs can't get a grip on that beast.

Who makes the clear grip tape? I have seen it on J Law's bike.

Gear preservation is something to consider. I thought about using clear skateboard grip but it would chew everything up pretty good. I already wear holes in my boots and pants from squeezing.

After 30hrs on the 05, i am finally starting to feel one with my bike and comfortable. My question is, why in the hell are my hands going numb? I have been riding a lot of WOT 4th and 5th on logging roads and loose gravel long steady hill climbs, aka mountain roads. After a hour, i am done. cant hold on anymore becuase i cant feel my hands. any suggestions would help.:thumbsup:

I had same problem. It baffled me for awhile too, because it was not arm pump. I found that the diameter of the grips was alot smaller than I was used to. I went from Renthals to Scott hurricanes. No more problems. It is a cheap fix too.

I had same problem. It baffled me for awhile too, because it was not arm pump. I found that the diameter of the grips was alot smaller than I was used to. I went from Renthals to Scott hurricanes. No more problems. It is a cheap fix too.

Now that is one i had not thought of.. thanks. I will try to loosen the death grip as well, but that is easier said than done for me. :thumbsup: