bark buster brush guards

What do you guys think the best Bark busters are? i need a set for my 03' W250. i Want a high quality set that can withstand a lot of wrecks and hard brush. Thanks:thumbsup:

Ride on,

Dusten

My buddy has Cycra handguards on his WR400. They look beefy as hell, I'd like to get a set but they're somewhat expensive ($120 ish).

I have Moose and I beat the heck out of them. I've bent Pro-Tapers before these things have gotten out of shape.

Once every couple of weeks I loosen them up and put them back where they belong... :thumbsup:

Acerbics Rally Pro 2 bark busters are awsome. They came with my bike so i didn't pick em out but I would buy em in a heartbeat. I have droped my bike many times and never broke a lever or bent my bars! Also I like to ride on the outside of the trails and the bush never really bothers my hands! Make sure you get some that attach to the outside of the bar or there not really bark busters!

My buddy has Cycra hand guards on his WR400. They look beefy as hell, I'd like to get a set but they're somewhat expensive ($120 ish).

I really like my Cycra. They have saved my hands many times and still have great their stock shape. I think they are worth every penny.

Paul

the Enduro Engineering buster are the same as Moose's guards, IIRC.

Held in high esteem, I'm picking some up today.

I spent 90 bucks on a setup from moose, so far they are great. They come with an aluminum bar and a rubber type guard. Good luck :thumbsup:

the Enduro Engineering buster are the same as Moose's guards, IIRC.

Held in high esteem, I'm picking some up today.

Yup...EE makes them for Moose, and MSR as well.

I've been shopping for a set for a few weeks now and enduro engineering busters seem like a pretty good deal to me so far.

I've been shopping for a set for a few weeks now and enduro engineering busters seem like a pretty good deal to me so far.

You should be able to get the whole set-up for $75.

Buy them with the correct bar mount size and with the flags included.

try www.cyclebuy.com

Not only are the guards priced right, they are built like a brick shithouse, and IMO protect your hands better than Cycras.

Cycra "pro-bends" with the appropriate triple clamp mount are the way to go IMO. I've crashed mine many times, and I've bent them many times, but I've never bent a bar or broken a lever(or my hand) and a few minutes with a big hammer gets em back into shape.

The Cycra's are very burly, but they do bend which is kind of the point. The key is the triple clamp mount vs bar mount. With both ends attatched to the bars, the whole is more rigid and will transfer more energy into the bars, but by spreading out the load between the bars and triple clamps the energy tends to be taken by the gaurds and clamp mount. So if you never crash or don't mind replacing your bars when you do, then get whatever, but otherwise, (if not cycras) then get something with a triple clamp mount.

You think cycra will pay me for that?

My Moose ones have saved my bacon many times.

Cycra "pro-bends" with the appropriate triple clamp mount are the way to go IMO. I've crashed mine many times, and I've bent them many times, but I've never bent a bar or broken a lever(or my hand) and a few minutes with a big hammer gets em back into shape.

The Cycra's are very burly, but they do bend which is kind of the point. The key is the triple clamp mount vs bar mount. With both ends attatched to the bars, the whole is more rigid and will transfer more energy into the bars, but by spreading out the load between the bars and triple clamps the energy tends to be taken by the gaurds and clamp mount. So if you never crash or don't mind replacing your bars when you do, then get whatever, but otherwise, (if not cycras) then get something with a triple clamp mount.

You think cycra will pay me for that?

Yeah...I want to transfer the load, or energy to my Triple clamps...a very expensive part, as opposed to keeping all the energy directed into the bars, a cheap part to replace.

My friend had the Cycras with the Clamp mount....they folded the first time he crashed.

I use cycra probends with the tripple clamp mount also. So far they have worked great for me. I have had quite a few wrecks with them on, ive never bent a lever or anything for that matter. They give you plenty of room and protection. I would say go with the cycra's!

+1 on cycra probends. I've hit things hard enough with them that i was surprised i lived through it... and they just keep truckin along

Cycra Pro-Bend are on my bike. Get them with the U bend clamp system for ideal clearance and space for brake an clutch line routing.

Yeah...I want to transfer the load, or energy to my Triple clamps...a very expensive part, as opposed to keeping all the energy directed into the bars, a cheap part to replace.

My friend had the Cycras with the Clamp mount....they folded the first time he crashed.

Your handlebars are attatched to your triple clamps, so the energy is going there anyway. And the bar mount is the weakest part of a top triple. With the damage I've done to my Cycras, I'd have gone through 12 bars in the past 2 years alone.

On your second point: Did he bend his bars?

Your handlebars are attatched to your triple clamps, so the energy is going there anyway. And the bar mount is the weakest part of a top triple. With the damage I've done to my Cycras, I'd have gone through 12 bars in the past 2 years alone.

On your second point: Did he bend his bars?

Nope, but he went out and bought some EE guards.....

I dont use Handguards to save my bars though, I use Pro-Tapers, if you go bend a pair of those usually you have more to worry about than a pair of bent bars.

I have some huge gouges in the ends of my guards, right where the Cycra's dip down and leave your hand totally un-protected, IMO if I had been using cycras my hand would have taken a beating.....

I dont like the way the Cycras dip down,leaving your hand un protected from the front and side....I want the guard blocking my hand when I hit a creosote bush while pinned in 5th.

Then there is the issue of price, cycras cost more and are less functional IMO.

Just my opinion though.

Moose for me. Finally replaced the crap acerbis guards that came from the dealer on my bike...with those, every tipover resulted in finding a rock etc to make room for the levers again. Just ran my first race with the Moose guards and truly beat the crap outta them, with no issues.