Sign in to follow this  

c-4 top speed???

nah i got clock doing 53mph on reserve and then i ran out of gas and it was not on a straight road eather but i could be wrong my buddy has a 93 astro van lol i will fide out 2morrow:thumbsup:

Care if I ask.... WHY?

Who gives even the slightest iota what top speed is? Seriously!? Horsepower and quickness is all that matters, everything else is just how you gear your bike. Did you know someone took a stock XR50 over 80MPH? And I can gear my YZF450 to top out at around 45MPH?

Why does it matter? Are you drag racing it or something? Even then, it's all about quickness!!!!

Sorry if I sound like an a$$, but it don't make sense to me?:thumbsup:

Thanks ink and pitbikeguy...take it easy man I was jw...:thumbsup:

Ok, so I get going sometimes. Sorry for extra flair.

But seriously, top speed is all about gearing, not bike performance. What you should be worrying about the most is the horsepower at the rear wheel. That defines how good of an engine you have, not it's top speed. For example:

XR50 - 2.4HP

KLX110 - 5.2HP

XR50 w/ 124 Takegawa - 13.5HP

Xtreme 124 stock - 8.1HP

XR50 w/ TB 107 kit - 9.8HP

XR50 w/ LB138 kit - 18.6HP

And I could make all of those bikes top out at the same MPH, just with gearing. I have a stock KLX110 and a XR50 with that 138 kit in it. There's a 13HP difference between the two bikes, the 138 will eat the 110 alive, not even a comparison. However, if you went down a road for 3 miles the 110 would win, because the 138 tops out so early, but the 110 with stock gearing is ALL top speed, so while it would take forever to get to top speed, it would probably break 50-60 MPH just cuz it's geared so tall.

Does that make sense?:thumbsup:

Yea..im a quad guy so I know what gearing is...im just a noob to these pit bike things and just wanted to know how fast they go. Thanks for the info anyways.

my SSR110-A1 clocked at 40MPH with my GPS bone stock...

(i was riding down a nice smooth paved road)

I am getting ready to put a GPX 125 motor in.... i'll get another reading after that

Ok, so I get going sometimes. Sorry for extra flair.

But seriously, top speed is all about gearing, not bike performance.

Sort of, drag is actually the king here, but HP ultimately limits top speed, assuming it is geared to make maximum use of the HP at hand, you'll get to a point where it simply won't pull taller gearing.

If you don't believe me, think about this, gear a bicycle to run 80mph with 100rpm of pedal speed, have someone pull it up to 80mph, then see if you can sustain 80mph without drafting, not gonna happen. You simply don't have enough power to overcome the drag.

A stock KLX110 is good for about 45mph or so, until you open up 4th gear, then likely around 55 is my guess, maybe 60 at sea level. Mine here at 6200feet attained 43mph in 3rd on the gps.