dual sport

I have a 2000 Wr and want to dual sport it I live in California but I purchased it in Nevada and had it registered in Nevada. What are my steps on getting it licensed?

I'd call a motorcycle dealer in Nevada that does dual-sport conversions, they should be able to give you all the answers. In CA, you need lights, brakelight, signal lights, horn, and a mirror, plus a speedo if the bike originally was equipped with one. A real "stickler" CHP might also check that the brakelight remains on for 20 minutes with the engine off, and the lights & tires are DOT approved. If the 8th digit of the VIN # is a "C" or a "3", the CA DMV won't knowingly issue a plate or green sticker due to CARB regulations. Some have slipped through the system, but I've heard that they're recalling some plates lately. Registering in Nevada is probably simpler...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now