Fluidyne & Radiator Guards

I recently put Fluidyne Radiators on my son's "03 250f. Naturally I want to protect that investment! What radiator guards/braces will work with Fluidyne, and which ones are best. I would prefer to do no modifications to make something fit, looking for a direct bolt on if one exists. Thanks!

Moose won't. Neither will flatland. You'll be suprised by their strength. The can take any major hit that will waffle the oem ones.

BFS

What is so special about the Fluidyne radiators that won't allow the standard radiator guards to fit? ?

Don't most of them use the standard mounting points using the OEM bolts/holes? So they are longer and hang lower down but the side/front & rear should still be protected by the guards right? ? The Flatland guards have worked well for me...

They still are wider front to back. I'll take pics and email you to show you the difference. They use the std mounting points but go look at your oems. From the frame mount hole to the actual core is probably a half inch(guessing) of nothing. On the fluidynes it's bolt hole then core with no spare room. I'll get pics tonight.

DWS450,

A bunch of us enduro riders use them over here on the east coast. Trust me. You don't need guards for these except maybe the msr guards that go in the front so that nothing gets poked through them. At one enduro i endo'd off a 7ft rock drop off the bike landed on the radiator first and then slide all the way down the rock ledge on the bars and radiator. It was perfectly straight when I picked the bike up. I run over small trees that would waffle the oems and it doesn't even faze the fluidynes.

BFS

mark,

here is a tip. don't endo off rock ledges. i did it in '00. broke elbow and 9 stitches to fix where the rock let *MY* fluid leak out. yeah the rad ended up leaking as well.

oem rads are as frail as rice paper.

you could talk with the nice guys at unabiker and see if they have some cages for them fluidynes. or they will make some!

Good information... For the OEM guards: I still use these as they work well as a basic roost guard. My primary concern is damage control due to crashing. The Unabiker guards look like they may provide the additional support I'm looking for... I'll check with them. Thanks!