yz125 gas mix??? help

Adding one quart of oil to 4 gallons of gas would be a ratio of 16:1. That is a lot of oil, but you might be able to get away with it. I always ran 20:1 in all of my two strokes. Yamaha recomends 32:1 or more. 40:1 isn't enough oil according to the engineers of any motorcycle manufacturer. I know that a lot of people use 40:1 without a problem, but it really needs more oil than that. You should never adjust the amount of oil you are using to cure fouled plugs and spooge in the pipe, those are caused by rich jetting.

I really worry about the long term effects from an owner who has difficulty converting ratios and gets impatient when trying to deal with something as important as how much oil to use.

Even still...we dont know how big the bottle is. Yamalube 2R is sold in 16 and 32 ounce bottles. Was it a full bottle, or a partial? these things are fairly important when making ratio recommendations. You'll be ok if you added 16oz. For now, Try to mix at 4oz per gallon of gas. You can play with this later.

Extra oil ....nevermind. We dont need to get into that right now.

My dad sounds very similar to yours. Neither took the time to read instructions!

Its ok to say, "Hey dad, I know your tired. Why dont I deal with this???"

You bought a high performance race bike. It needs to be treated as such to stand a chance of lasting more than a few weeks. Take the time to read about it and learn about it or it will get really expensive.

If you dont want to do that, and many dont, sell it as soon as possible and look at a Honda XR something. They are much more tolerant of abuse.

alright thanks for the help..but i just asked my friend that has a yz125 and since i put a whole bottle in 4 gallons he told me to put 2 gallons of the mixed gas into a diffent gas can. and put high test non mixed into the already mixed gas. hope i didnt confuse u

i dont know how much pre mix to add. well my dad got impatient and put the a whole bottle of yamalube 2-R into 4 gallons?? is tht right or is it five cause we can alwasy add more

if that was the 16 ounce container of Yamalube, it is the correct ratio...

do not do what your friend suggested about adding more gas to it in another container...

....I really worry about the long term effects from an owner who has difficulty converting ratios and gets impatient when trying to deal with something as important as how much oil to use.

Even still...we dont know how big the bottle is. Yamalube 2R is sold in 16 and 32 ounce bottles. Was it a full bottle, or a partial? these things are fairly important when making ratio recommendations. You'll be ok if you added 16oz. For now, Try to mix at 4oz per gallon of gas. You can play with this later...

hey RC, it would be better for U.S. to stop using the english system (that was the old british imperial unit system WTF!!!?) and adopt the metric units all throughout, in commerce, engineering etc --- no more complications, satisfaction guaranteed!!! ?

They tried that with my generation when we were in grade school. Somewhere in the mid 70's they told us that the united states would be metric by 1980.

The adults told them to stuff it.

The only remains of the failed program are speedometers marked with mph and Kilometers per hr.

As a kid I remember asking my British teacher..."If inches and pounds are so bad, why did the British steal it from us???" He was not amused.

so could i put 16 oz in 5 gallons?

get a ratio-rite!!

4oz oil/1 gallon = 32:1

3.6oz oil/1 gallon = 36:1

3.2oz oil/1 gallon = 40:1

Theres ur 3 main ratios BUT GET THE DAMN ratio-rite!!! No excuses but stupidity if you use that.

• Like 1

I would leave it alone. 4 oz per gallon is right on the money.

listen to RCannon... if you put 16oz of oil into 4 gallons, then you're ok. don't add anymore gas to it, just put it in the bike and ride it.

in a 125 i wouldn't run any less oil than 32:1. i don't think it would hurt to run as little as 40:1, but i personally would run 32:1 (4oz. per gallon)

as someone already said... get a ratio rite so you won't have a problem with mixing gas in the future.

Tommy

Just as said here: 32:1 with a ratio rite. You'll always be spot on the money. A little oil dribbling out of the pipe is the worst you'll get. I used to run 40:1 until I threw a top end about 4 miles from the car and had to push.... I now believe in 32:1 and rag to wipe up oil drips... a lot less walking hehe :D

get a ratio-rite!!

4oz oil/1 gallon = 32:1

3.6oz oil/1 gallon = 36:1

3.2oz oil/1 gallon = 40:1

Theres ur 3 main ratios BUT GET THE DAMN ratio-rite!!! No excuses but stupidity if you use that.

i know i have 2 actully (old and new dont ask) i was just wondering so it would save about 30 seconds so i could ride more:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: