Sign in to follow this  

post up which dynojet mainjet you are using!

i wanna see what exact mods people have with what jet.. i read and hear mixed opinions........

a straight through yoshimura yrd slip on and a uni airfilter with open airbox. i hear to use the 160, then i hear to use the 170, and i am baffled now!

HELP:worthy:

I opened my airbox,k&N,staintune full system,and a high compression piston and I am currently running a 165.So now you have another size to chose from.

2002 Dr650 Canadian spec. I am at 1200 ft above sea level with Supertrapp Quiet core exhaust with 12 discs, K&N, top of airbox opened up, DJ Kit with #160 in use and needle in 5th slot from top. Bike has lots of power and is smooth as silk when accelerating from idle to infinity and beyond...lol. I could probably try the 170 and bring the needle way down but I don't feel like it right now. The bike feels real good.

so with the 170 do i leave the needle in the 4th clip or 5th? i am at sea level, ughhhhh i am so confused with carb work!

Hell, in New Zealand we only get the 150, 155 and 160 Mains in the kit.

Try the 170 with the needle in the 4th from top and see and then try the 160 with the needle in 5th from top to compare.

yea i am going with the 170main in the 4th clip like dj recomends and no airbox lid!

Im at sea level with an average temp of 77 degrees and have a supertrapp quiet with no discs, k&n cut airbox plus no side door and dj kit with a 160 4th clip. Tried the 170 straight up first and it seemed to be a bit sluggish up top. After the swap to the 160, it seemed to be smoother and the mpg went to a more favourable number. YMMV:blah:

DJ 160 main, needle in 4th slot, 300 ft elevation, temps 60-100 during riding weather. Runs great, not lean or rich judging by the plugs and how it runs.

the q2, nd the supertrapp are not straight through like the yoshi yrd i got, also i think that with the uni filter i honestly think it flows much higher than a K/N i think that attributes to needing the 170 dont you think?

Elevation 200 ft, DJ needle in 4th clip from the top, 160 main, air box lid removed, smirk on face. :smirk:

170MJ, WFO air box, Q2 pipe, 4th clip, NGK10's dual sparkers.....

Runs like a bat out of hell,starts good, runs cool,,, needs a new rear tire now:ride: after about 4000 miles.......

Meat-Loaf-Bat-Out-Of-Hell-23208.jpg

Although I haven't tried a different pipe on my bike yet the jetting instructions from DynoJet, you know, the guys with the Dyno, seem to be pretty close based on what my A/F meter shows. Who woulda thunk it huh? :lol: Oh yeah, I'm using a DJ 162.7 main jet. :busted:

K&N filter with DynoJet carb kit and airbox mod = 2 1/4" velocity stack. With the stock exhaust pipe, DJ needle with e-clip in 4th notch, 150 DJ main jet, which is right between a 140 and a 142 Mikuni, pilot screw at 2 1/4 turns out, my bike power wheelies like mad, runs strong and clean and is always within 1/10th of a gallon at fill-up to my buddy's stock DR. MY Altitude: 1K ASL.

Wide, Full Open. Or Wide F'ing Open...depending on who says it. ;)

Depends if my kid is around,,, but yea Wide F-ing Open....

I forgot to mention the K&N air filter with the Jessi prefilter deal......

DR650seKandNairfilter.JPG

Mid-Michigan, 800-1100 ASL(Above Sea Level). Running with a DJ, 3rd clip with a 160MJ, ground header weld, 3-1/2 turns out on the pilot, K&N and no air box cover. Should have done this 15000 miles ago! I also could care less about the gas mileage and still getting 53mpg. BTW: 16t front sprocket.