Magneto Cover with Flywheel Weight 96 KX 250

All - Tried to put the stealy flywheel weight on my 96 KX 250. The nut sticks out and won't allow me to seal up the cover.

Is there a solution to use the current cover? If not, is there a replacement cover that I can buy to go over the installed flywheel weight?

Thanks,

Frank

Did you buy it new from Stealthy..? they include a spacer If it's nesesarry to make it fit. Also if you have a washer behind the nut on your flywheel, and didn't remove the washer, the cover won't fit .

No...I got if for $20 on ebay...I did remove the nut and didn't see any washers behind it...so I'm thinking that I might need a spacer...

Thanks for the response...

Frank

I made a spacer for one I got off ebay too.I took a piece of plastic, an old truck mud flap I think, that was 1/4" thick and spraypainted the gasket on it then cut out that shape and put it in between the cover and the case to space it out. Good luck Ed

I made a spacer for one I got off ebay too.I took a piece of plastic, an old truck mud flap I think, that was 1/4" thick and spraypainted the gasket on it then cut out that shape and put it in between the cover and the case to space it out. Good luck Ed

Now there's an idea!!! I'm going to race a hare scramble this weekend and my performance there will determine how much I really need to install the flywheel weight.

thanks,

Frank