Sign in to follow this  

Big Bear on Sat.

Any body up for Big Bear this Sat? Thinking about staging either at Miller Canyon or Crab Flats. Plated bikes would be good, but not absolutely necessary. Would like to ride John Bull and some other technical stuff. I know the area pretty well, so no worries about getting lost. At least intermediate riding level, and well equipped with a spare, tube, tools, and lots of water. Post or PM if interested.:ride: :ride: :ride:

LT

Any body up for Big Bear this Sat? Thinking about staging either at Miller Canyon or Crab Flats. Plated bikes would be good, but not absolutely necessary. Would like to ride John Bull and some other technical stuff. I know the area pretty well, so no worries about getting lost. At least intermediate riding level, and well equipped with a spare, tube, tools, and lots of water. Post or PM if interested.:ride: :ride: :ride:

LT

Hey larry,

I thought I heard that John Bull was closed for maintenance. Lots of people complaining its too smooth and not enough boulders. A trucker friend of mine actually bid on hauling more boulders up there.:crazy:

Hey larry,

I thought I heard that John Bull was closed for maintenance. Lots of people complaining its too smooth and not enough boulders. A trucker friend of mine actually bid on hauling the boulders up there.:crazy:

That's interesting. Like it needs more boulders. I guess if your a jeeper, you would welcome it. If that's for sure can't wait to see what they do with it. I will have to gear down MOAB style for that. :lol:

You find some riders for tomorrow?

That's interesting. Like it needs more boulders. I guess if your a jeeper, you would welcome it. If that's for sure can't wait to see what they do with it. I will have to gear down MOAB style for that. :lol:

You find some riders for tomorrow?

Yes, one guy from here. Gonna do Glennville for 3-4 hrs. meeting at 7:00am, Mcdonalds, Bear Valley And Apple Valley Rd if you're inclined.

G

I would love to join you guys, but I can't get free this weekend, however I would like to join you guys nex time your up here in Big Bear.

I live in Lake Gregory area

(mt area above Lake Silverwood)

I'll ride ..

Lazyracer

• Like 1

Stupid question, where or what is Glennville? Riding area? Glen Helen?

Glennville is a "not as well known area" that is close to you that you probably already know about. I call this area Glennville only because the guy who showed it to me is named Glenn.

I got your PM, and I will give you a call here shortly.

Thanks for posting,LT

I would love to join you guys, but I can't get free this weekend, however I would like to join you guys nex time your up here in Big Bear.

Catch you next time, Jeff.

I'd like to join up. I rode John Bull for the first time at the BB dual sport ride last month. I enjoyed it but the direction we went across it was probably the less difficult direction. Post or PM time and place for staging.

• Like 1

Love to join you but that's a hell of a drive for a day trip (for me anyway).

Why don't we have jet packs & teleporters yet? :mad:

Who the hell's in charge here? :foul:

Is this going to be a dual sport ride or a dirt ride? I have a plate but my lighting is toast.

7AM is rough but possible for me. I'm a about 90 min away.

Meeting at McD's with bikes or bikes in trucks?

Is this going to be a dual sport ride or a dirt ride? I have a plate but my lighting is toast.

7AM is rough but possible for me. I'm a about 90 min away.

Meeting at McD's with bikes or bikes in trucks?

Plate would be good but not mandatory. Meeting at Mcs on the pass at 7 in the trucks. Heading up to Crab flats to stage by way of Crestline to pick up another rider.

Check your PMs for my #.

Love to join you but that's a hell of a drive for a day trip (for me anyway).

Why don't we have jet packs & teleporters yet? :mad:

Who the hell's in charge here? :foul:

Look for you another time then. Lets hook up sometime soon.:ride:

Last call if anyone else is up for it. Post or pm me. I am up till about 10 or so.

Lazyracer,exIT, and cleonard. Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Thanks,LT:ride:

have fun it has been beautiful the last couple days so the riding shoulod be primo.

Too busy this weekend (since I am still at work) but thanks for the invite. I was up riding in the same general area two weeks ago and had a blast. Let us know how the ride goes and hopefully if you set something up next time I will be available.

Just got back from the ride. We did about 55 miles or so. Staged at Crab Flats.

Took that fast fun tail to the campground, then headed up Iw17 over to Big Pine Flats. Then we back tracked down 3n16 to 2n06 to 2n06x and then over to some SSS. We then hit John Bull trail (along with every jeep in BB) and then sort of just meandered our way back on various 2 track and jeep trails. Not to hot, kind of dusty of course, but all in all, a great ride.

Thanks to Jim, Brian, and Carl for joining in. Let's :ride: again soon!

Wow, what a drive. I just walked in the door. It was about 265 miles but it was worth it. Good fun trails. Not easy, but not insane either.

Just got back from the ride. We did about 55 miles or so. Staged at Crab Flats.

Took that fast fun tail to the campground, then headed up Iw17 over to Big Pine Flats. Then we back tracked down 3n16 to 2n06 to 2n06x and then over to some SSS. We then hit John Bull trail (along with every jeep in BB) and then sort of just meandered our way back on various 2 track and jeep trails. Not to hot, kind of dusty of course, but all in all, a great ride.

Thanks to Jim, Brian, and Carl for joining in. Let's :ride: again soon!

Whew! I thought you were going to say you got rained on. Looked pretty cloudy up there from the desert side today. Oh well at least I got a little OT today.

Broke my KTM again yesterday.:banghead: