srv543

post pics of your trial bikes

Hey Curt the FS wants to close the road that leads to the landing that you took the picture of Rainer from.

Do you want to ride Mad River at the end of August?

Is this Barry? My riding this Summer has been zero. I have a bunch of other activities getting in the way including fun on the new Foes Mountain Bike.

That photo was at Evans Creek.. Why do they want to close that road?

This Saturday is Golf Lessons and maybe see what's happening at the Funny Rocks Trials event on Sunday. The following weekend I'm thinking of driving to Donner Pass, CA to watch the National Trials Championships and maybe pick up a new 07 GG Raga Replica. The weekend after that is a Company picnic (Aug 11) at Roslyn with a Golf match thrown in and then I will have the rest of August open until Sept 6 and then it's prepare for a week of Salmon Fishing on Vancouver Island and then I'll have Indian Summer open for more riding...... Hopefully on a new Bike. Whew!!

So yes, end of August but let's do some planning.

I used to be able to see Ranier from the back porch of my house on Whidbey Island. Makes me want to move back out there. Any jobs for aerospace engineers/rocket scientists out that way???

Keep Ridin',

John

PS USFS Cross-Country rules are changing Nationwide in the next year or two so that cross-country riding, damage or no damage will be illegal.:thumbsdn:

But they have no problem leasing 10,000 acres to a logging company that will cut roads with a bulldozer then clear cut the entire area so that it looks like the area around Mt. Saint Helens.:confused:

JB

But they have no problem leasing 10,000 acres to a logging company that will cut roads with a bulldozer then clear cut the entire area so that it looks like the area around Mt. Saint Helens.:confused:

JB

Yes, don't get me started... :rant:

Very nice bike 2ply! :worthy:

What do you theink of the '08 GG's? :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm not wild about the headlight. It looks a lot like the betas.

Not to be picky, but the red/black ballence doesn't work for me :excuseme: . It should be mostly black or all red with a tiny bit of black.

I prefer the 07 headlight especially if you can get the bike plated for the street (which is not likely for the State of Washington). Color is not that important to me but the 07 Raga looks as good as any color scheme I've seen so far. I like it much better than the silver of my 04 300.

What's more important to me is the use of exotic metals in a dialed-in package. The factory installed Kehin carb alone saves me the hassle of the $400 Plus charge for the kit and fitting it, plus every Raga Replica I've seen runs perfect right out of the box with no tuning issues. Lots of little details along with the obvious use of Magnesium for the engine cases and side covers along with the swing arm and I like the use of the titanium head pipe.

It's not clear what the Gas Gas factory plans to do with the 2-stroke model yet. such as, are they going to continue it's development for public sales or are they going to phase it out. With only 7 years production on the new motor, it seems like a less than profitable decision to drop the 2-stroke, but just in case, I decided that NOW is the time to grab a Raga Replica if I'm going to get one. They never know if they are going to produce one until they produce it and there is a chance that the 07 will be the last 2-stroke year for the Raga even if they do continue offering the 2-stroke to the public.

The new 4-stroke sounds like it's headed in the right direction with fuel injection and the side valve / flathead style motor. Current word is that the new 4-stroke is maybe a 320cc engine and the bike only weighs 4 pounds more than the current 2-stroke and with something like only 6 moving parts more than the 2-stroke including the valves and valve springs. But I've learned my lesson about buying a first year production model. Besides, the 4-stroke is not coming out because it's a better choice, it's coming out because of environmental pressure from the governing body of the FIM which in the case of the limited amount of Trials Bikes and the current synthetic oils at 100 to 1, I don't see the need.

But if 4-stroke is the required future, I'm excited to see the radical change away from the tall and bulky overhead cam engine. I told Dale Malasek at the 2005 World Round that I was wondering why no one had taken the old flathead design and worked with it. He smiled and said that was what Gas Gas was doing. Makes sense to me because the Trials Bike doesn't need the instant high revs that the overhead cam was designed for. However, the latest word of mouth claims the engine is capable of 12,000 RPMs!!! With the side valve engine, the cam stays down in the oil bath, lowers the engine center of gravity along with better lubrication and no timing chain. The head can be more like the 2-stroke head with better cooling and a shorter engine which allows more ground clearance without raising the center of the engine's weight. But they are still working out the details on combustion gasses flow pattern and route. We will see.

OK, not to hijack this thread... Back to the photos of YOUR bikes.:thumbsup:

So what's the weight of the Raga replica and how do they keep the motor chugging away when he's hanging at 90 degrees on the side of a boulder and the fuel in the bowl running out the vents???

John

Cool news 2ply! Is that all from the grapevine or is there a webpage with some info :confused: . My friend David Aldo ride expert class and some nationals and he and his dad swear by the raga's. I am still waiting for him to let me ride his bike though to see if I feels different. Can you notice much of a difference between the 2 bikes? I am pretty sure that the centercase on my '03 pro is magnesium as well, just without the paint :excuseme: . I do love the look of the ragas though.:worthy:

As for the bikes running at exteme angles, I seem to have some problems with that. If I stay with the rear wheel above the front for more than 20 or so seconds, the bike starves itself of gas

Cool news 2ply! Is that all from the grapevine or is there a webpage with some info :confused: . My friend David Aldo ride expert class and some nationals and he and his dad swear by the raga's. I am still waiting for him to let me ride his bike though to see if I feels different. Can you notice much of a difference between the 2 bikes? I am pretty sure that the centercase on my '03 pro is magnesium as well, just without the paint :excuseme: . I do love the look of the ragas though.:worthy:

As for the bikes running at exteme angles, I seem to have some problems with that. If I stay with the rear wheel above the front for more than 20 or so seconds, the bike starves itself of gas

That information comes from 2 telephone conversations with one guy that sells Gas Gas and is now the USA Team Mechanic and the other conversation was with the guy that has ridden them and will be doing a beta test ride for 3 months in the USA and then send the engine back for evaluation,

As for the starving for fuel on a steep down-hill, I had that exact same problem with my Kehin Carb a few months after installing it. Turns out that it's very sensitive to clogging. I had to disassemble the carb including buying a star wrench to remove the Jet body and then blow it out very well with a rubber tipped air gun with 100+ PSI air pressure. Works fine now.:thumbsup:

So what's the weight of the Raga replica and how do they keep the motor chugging away when he's hanging at 90 degrees on the side of a boulder and the fuel in the bowl running out the vents???

John

From word of mouth, I was told the Raga is about 4 pounds to 7 pounds lighter than the production version.

As as far as keeping them running at the 90 degree angle..... Uhhhhh Photoshop?? :excuseme::smirk:

That photo was at Evans Creek.. Why do they want to close that road?

QUOTE]

Hi Curt, you guessed right

I went to a public meeting about improving and maintaing Evans creek. It was not part of Travel Management Plan. The Forest Service wants to reduce road density and didnot thibk people used that road. Some Hippies agreed it would suck to close that road because of the view point which suprised me.

I am planning on going to the Funny Rocks on sunday

Cool bike your getting

Poor neglected bike? Isn't she riding it anymore?

I think the more I want her to ride it, the more stubborn she becomes. So, I'm getting my new bike and making the 200 available for guests. After 2 riding seasons of choosing easy areas that we both can ride, I'm going back to the places that require a Trials Bike..... Yeeee Haaaa!!! :thumbsup: Time for YOU to do the same? So when are we going to do that mountain ride?? I'll be headed up to the Entiat Valley area for a few rides, if you (K. J.) want to do a Gifford Pinchot ride, let's talk TT member Ride, into showing us around.

Other Trials Bike owners are welcome to come along or borrow my loaner if you are already an experienced dirt bike rider. :thumbsup:

1992yz125, that sure is a sexy bike.

I have to get busy and rig up some obstacles like yours. Well,,mine would probably need to be a few feet wider. :lol:

IMG_0184_edited-1.jpg

2PLY, I wish I could take you up on that offer. I probably wouldn't leave.

srv543, at least the hijackers are keeping your thread on top.. :thumbsup:

It took me a while to get my aim good enough to stay on that plank. My poor bike is looking a little more beat up these days, so I think that this winter I will freshen it up a bit. I have aready pancaked the footpegs and shift lever, scratched the clutch cover, dented the other side magneto cover, scraped up the front brake cylinder/resevoir, and bent that poor rear fender double more times than I can count. :cry: For some reason though, it doesn't hurt as much when you beat up a trials bike... It is almost like it was made to be beat on :thinking: