srv543

post pics of your trial bikes

OK, here it is: My new 2007 Gas Gas Adam Raga Replica.. Only had time to ride it across from the pits to my parking area. So if you see this Van with this bike attached, be sure to say hello!

my-07-raga.jpg

hey 2ply did you ride donner or just observe ?

No, I just drove down to see one day of the event, pick up the new bike and talk to some of my friends that I only get to see at these events.

It also made a good trip to give my wife an introduction to more of the USA. She has now seen 7 of the 50 States since arriving from Thailand 2 years ago.

Maybe some of you saw her red Gas Gas hat blow off her head and down the rocks to the starting line of section 5. :busted:

:thumbsup:

poaching trails I see. I don't blame you those two systems need to be connected. Spent a little time at Galleger lake about 2 weeks ago.

got a new old toy

as partial trade for my CRF yesterday:

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/fiep_photo/?action=view&current=IMG_6102.jpg

jep, old n heavy

but soooo cute

and tame

plus I will not have to fear for beginners life's any longer

and I will not have to follow the girlies any longer to start the bike for them

now I finally understand why 200-riders call 280+ uncontrollable

if I was used to sooo much throttle and would ride the 2.9 like this - holy

hope Tweety will teach me a lot of body english

and do know the 2.9 tought me throttle control

anyone looking for a JTR260?

great condition, lot's of new parts

but most of my friends can't crank her - now that we have Tweety she lost her status as buddy bike and has to make room

sweet bikes, I went and sat (or stood) on my first trials bike when we were on vacation. They are so light. I want one.:thumbsup: (of course, where I live there wouldn't be any good place to ride one)

Are you kidding? I live next door in Kansas, it's just as flat.:thumbsdn: You can spend hours or days in a little tiny area just trying to master a single obstacle. I've ridden around in my back yard for years just rearranging obstacles and practicing balance and technique. I got a trials bike just to learn balance and other associated skills for my enduro bike riding. Believe me, it makes a difference.

It took me a while to get my aim good enough to stay on that plank. My poor bike is looking a little more beat up these days, so I think that this winter I will freshen it up a bit. I have aready pancaked the footpegs and shift lever, scratched the clutch cover, dented the other side magneto cover, scraped up the front brake cylinder/resevoir, and bent that poor rear fender double more times than I can count. :cry: For some reason though, it doesn't hurt as much when you beat up a trials bike... It is almost like it was made to be beat on :thinking:

I'm glad you said this. My Monty is beat half to death and I rarely ride it. :busted:

It looks like everybody else's bike on this site is new. :excuseme:

It looks like everybody else's bike on this site is new. :excuseme:

n e w ? ? ?

one of them

is two weeks old - almost

and it does not really look new any more

already has it's share of scratches and the silicone (sillycone:foul:) gripper stripes are half ripped of

the rest is 96, 98, 98, 03

all well maintained but FAR from (looking) new

AND, my bike is now almost 3 weeks old too! :D No scratches yet, (knock on wood) but I only have 30 miles logged on the Odometer so far.

Sorry, but how can I insert a photo from my pc?

I can't get it to go............. thanks

Sorry, but how can I insert a photo from my pc?

I can't get it to go............. thanks

If your Internet Provider has web space on their server for you, contact them to set it up and to explain how to access that space.

I use an FTP Program (FTP = File Transfer Protocol) to quickly get to my web space (only 25 megabytes) and then upload my photos and post the link address using the "Insert Image" little postcard Icon at the top of this message window.

Many people subscribe to a free or cheap photo storage web site and then use the Web address for that link. You can just copy and paste the URL address in the text body instead of using the link and Image icons above... Like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~jc-long/trials-misc/bikelift2.jpg

TT will probably turn that address blue and act as a link. Right now in the text message window it is just text... :thumbsup:

Yep, it turned it into a link and truncated some of the address text with "..."