What did you do to your WR today?

What's the blue thing "button?" by your left grip?

As for what I did to my wr that's a really basic one . I kick started it , because I left the key on the last time I rode it . It took only 3 stabs to get it to start. I was kind of surprised because the battery was stone dead. I put it on the battery tender when I got home work tonight.

Re packed the wheel and steering head bearings with Bell Ray waterproof grease. Dismantled the swing arm and linkage replaced all the bushings, bearings and seals that where rusted and crap. Re packed them with the Bell Ray. I suggest that every one check out your linkage because I left it too long and really had to pay. Total on replacement parts with my good guy discount was $300.00 can... ouch! Changed the oil and did the air filter and the BEST mod... took my old Unabiker rad guards, which were useless, and made them into a license plate holder. She is plated and I can't wait!!

Fox

What's the blue thing "button?" by your left grip?

As for what I did to my wr that's a really basic one . I kick started it , because I left the key on the last time I rode it . It took only 3 stabs to get it to start. I was kind of surprised because the battery was stone dead. I put it on the battery tender when I got home work tonight.

That is the push-to-talk button for my Sampson Racing radio. The blue thingy by the left fork tube connects to a stretch cable from the radio in my Ogio vest.

Is that like a earplug type earpiece on your radio ? to block noise and to talk. I know I wear earplugs all the time while I ride . They have earplug/earpieces at my work so they can talk to each other back at the corrigator.

no, the radio ken uses as well as my self are "race" radios...they have a helicopter boom mic that has noise canceling technology in them so the person receiving hears only the person talking. as for the ear set up they are almost like head phone status in that they are loud and clear. the radio's we use are vhf radios. this entire set up is what team honda uses in the score baja series.

ken uses a pre-programed radio were as i use a on the fly program-able radio (vx170) but none the less they are both vhf.

if you want more info do a search under the user name johnnyairtime in the baja section...tons of info there.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4435854#post4435854

no, the radio ken uses as well as my self are "race" radios...they have a helicopter boom mic that has noise canceling technology in them so the person receiving hears only the person talking. as for the ear set up they are almost like head phone status in that they are loud and clear. the radio's we use are vhf radios. this entire set up is what team honda uses in the score baja series.

ken uses a pre-programed radio were as i use a on the fly program-able radio (vx170) but none the less they are both vhf.

if you want more info do a search under the user name johnnyairtime in the baja section...tons of info there.

Yeah, this is the one I went with. Shawn Sampson is a guy I go riding with and is very helpful.

http://www.sampsonracing.com/safety/safety_home_f.htm

I've got the same VX170 setup. Got it the first time I did a JAT ride down in Mexico. Work great, but are expensive. I've got a setup for myself and my son. The full setup (radio+ headset) is about $350.

I drove 250 miles one way to buy mine. I got a 05 WR450 with a stuck float needle for $1800. Took about an hour to fix and it runs great. Mostly stock except for the normal mods, a skid plate and a yz exhaust. Can't wait to ride it. Jp

I drove 250 miles one way to buy mine. I got a 05 WR450 with a stuck float needle for $1800. Took about an hour to fix and it runs great. Mostly stock except for the normal mods, a skid plate and a yz exhaust. Can't wait to ride it. Jp

Man, I never get those deals... I have a 05 WR450 and neeed a WR250 for my son. Good job finding that deal. Love mine!

Man I love this place! I can't believe I waited so long to join up! I took off all the plastic (gonna try Krylon fusion) installed new radiator shrouds and polished some parts. I'm too new to post pics, but check this out.

Here's what I call being fortunate. I tell my wife I need to buy some new gear for my bike and a few days out this month to go riding. She's all.....no problem honey have a good time! I'll let you know who wins the football games. My life does not suck right now.

Left YZ peg mount- since I've had the kickstand off since day 1 anyways. Aways lots of trees to lean your bike on in BC :eek:

GYTR thumb hot start lever. Now makes estarting on the fly even easier :lame:

It's a high priced hot start being GYTR :bonk:

But at least the fit is perfect.

That and getting lots of riding in, we only have about a month to go before the snow?

After hearing all the problems with the linkage I thought I'd better check out my 04 WR450F. When I bought it this summer the owner claimed it only had 370 miles. You never know until you check. No rust or water, a little grease, so it wasn't as bad as I expected. I cleaned everything and re-lubed with Honda Moly Paste 60. Here are some pictures.

389527014_pVxNi-M.jpg

389526950_zqrec-M.jpg

389526854_xJogc-M.jpg

389527146_2RjY5-M.jpg

Screaming deal! That's hundreds upon hundreds less than what's in our local classifieds.

I usually find the bike has been sold on me or my friend as we're making the long drive. I bet you were haulin' azz for those 250 miles!