What did you do to your WR today?

I like others on this mb, I have put off lubing the linkage bearings. Well since I have some down time with a knee injury, I decided to tear 'em down and take a look (with one eye closed). My WR is an '05 and I ride alot, race and trail and this is the first time doing this. To my surprise they weren't that bad. Bearings were a little thin on the lube, but still in good shape. The bolts were also pretty dry. Cleaned everything up, lubed and put back together. Yamah's are built to last!

• 2 weeks later...
No quite today but last week we (dad and i) pulled apart his 06 WR450F with 11k miles on it and rebuilt the top end. the bike showed no sign of needing a rebuild but we did for good measure.:eek:

BTW the motor is bone stock with all the free mods done and a slip on exhaust as well as the same clutch!:worthy:

PA240018.jpg

I like that "fuel gauge" on your tank.

Seeing that I broke my foot a couple days ago :worthy: it's time for the winter teardown

Checked my valves and put in new wheel bearing's today. Plenty more to do....

So after 2yrs of racing and riding my 07 , 6000k's of mostly single track on her, the valves are still in spec :eek:

That much use and not having to adjust once is pretty impressive.....

i bought my 01 426 this summer and made it street legal. i like to take my wife along so i decided to put some footpegs on. i researche dit a bit and couldn't find a thing, so i invented my own. i got some flat steel and some street footpegs and made a mount under the fender. they fold up and out of the way perfectly. no interference in the trails, i never notice them and now i can ride it to church with my wife. ha. if you guys are interested ill post some pictures.

"I put on new sprockets and chain": Neevo, did you need a new chain and sprocket or did you want different gearing? I have an '05, race and ride alot and still on original chain and sprockets. Anyone else getting good life on OEM sprocket and chain?

"I put on new sprockets and chain": Neevo, did you need a new chain and sprocket or did you want different gearing? I have an '05, race and ride alot and still on original chain and sprockets. Anyone else getting good life on OEM sprocket and chain?

I installed a new chain this past spring but could have gone another summer.

Still on my original as well on my 05. I don't race but I ride ALOT. Maybe next spring I'll change it before the "big" ride.

Eric

I got what I thought was good life out of them. Almost 2 season's racing and riding. My odo was showing around 5000 km's pretty much all single track. No hour meter. I went through a couple different countershafts and rears before finding my optimal gearing though. When the chain stretched beyond limit I replaced everything with Ironman sprockets and Regina chain.

I do ride alot of mud though which is hard on the chains and sprockets.