What did you do to your WR today?

it was a great ride... nothing on me hurt, so....

it is riding season here... saturday was about 50 degrees when we took off..

beautiful.. there is some great hc stuff on this ride, i will forward to you when i get it...

Look forward to seeing it.

Been working and playing on the new 2 stroke myself :excuseme:

Oh hey, that sounds nice! What qualifies exactly as a "reasonable size drill bit" though? About how much should remain?

Also, yeah that does sound like it would break cleaner, and look cleaner!

I would recommend around 6/7mm on a std lever so there is enough strength in the lever on rides but has a weakest point for were it will snap nicely. Hope it works well for you :excuseme:

saw the 2 stroke in your sig.... should have rode mine this ride..

gas gas ec 300... how do you like the rm ?

I noticed your Gas Gas in your sig before :excuseme:

I've ridden a couple ec 300's, Gazelle's in the woods. I would own one but part availability up here worries me. Been down that road with a Husaberg in the past...

RM's lot's of fun, super nimble, good low end power. Haven't owned a 2 stroke in quite a few years so it's great having one as a second bike again ?

It was a cheap project bike that turned into a little more project than expected, but worth the work.

The previous owner was a mechanics nightmare. Anyhing he had touched was f....d

small diversion from the wr thread...

the gas gas is pretty cool.. i have had mine 2 years and pretty much rode it every weekend i could for those 2... it has never had any kind of problem at all.. gofasters has normally all the parts you would ever need in stock.. they are in minnesota and has parts on my door step in a week.. i ride some with a guy who has a ktm 300 e start and i have to admit, i would own one..

on the other hand... the 300 gg that was right beside mine at the shop i bought mine from locked up on the guy who bought it a couple of weeks ago... he has yet to go into it..

i have always really rode 2 smokes, this wr is only the second 4t i have owned..

back to the wr thread...

This week: Throttle stop mod, got the 07 headlight to put on, Trailtech Vapor installed.

Going to be replaing the BD light kit with the Tusk Enduro kit I have. Just like the low profile LED's better.

Waiting on the Promoto end cap, JD kit, fuel screw, and IMS tank. Should be delivered today. OnTrac lost my package.

BD light kit for cheap here soon. PM for details.

74307_1508152901303_1158726452_31186754_5611045_n.jpg

Went dirtbiking all weekend... see my nice bike in the back?

Rallied Saturday and Sunday a combined total of 100 some odd miles. Not too bad, considering we're losing light like crazy these days. I got a new rear tire, chain and sprockets from Cardenas Motorsports and rode them all weekend. At first I wasn't impressed, but once I figured out I was way over the ideal pressure (I was at 18psi, needed to be at 10) the tire made a huge difference.

I unfortunately did crash though, heh. The more epic of my crashes the front washed out on a downhill lefthanded with no berm, and since it was tight single track, the bike went right into a tree! I kept with the trail though and just jogged it off unscathed!

I don't think E-line makes these anymore, but what a nice kit. I got this on Ebay, and had to do some work to it. In any case, if you find one that fits your bike and need a dual sport kit, this is pretty nice.

It has a little control box behind the headlight that has a small battery (to run the turn signals for a few minutes), and all the controls. All the wiring runs into the control box, and there is one large harness that runs to the back of the bike with a stub for the rear brake light.

It is made of the UFO front assembly with integrated turn signals, and the rear unit came with a ZY rear fender and UFO integrated assembly.

The control box has three lights on it, left and right signal indicators, and high beam indicator.

You can set the signals to turn off after 1, 2, 3 or 4 minutes.

The horn has 2 sounds you can program into it (didn't play with it).

It is wired for a front brake switch if you want to put one in.

Front

Front.jpg

Control box, with the high beam indicator and the turn signal light on (it flashes on and off)

cont.jpg

Rear

Rear1.jpg

... the front washed out on a downhill lefthanded ...

You may want to consider the YZ tank / seat mod. I was lucky and found an IMS 3.2 gallon tank for a few bucks. Keep your eye on Ebay for them, and for 100 bucks you should be able to get a nice new, GUTS seat or something like that.

I'm not sure exactly which tank / seat combo works for your bike, but here is a good starting place:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100521