What did you do to your WR today?

I bought a FMF Factory 4.1 Titanium pipe with the Power Bomb head. I am now wondering if I did the right thing because of the noise. Besides the insert, what else can I do to quiet it down. I have not installed it yet so I may be willing to trade or sell. I wouldn't feel right taking it back since it was a special order in to the shop.

Can I quiet it down or should I just not worry about the noise? How many db is stock and how quiet can I get this pipe. I went with the Power Bomb head because they told me it will be 1.5 db quieter.

I bought a FMF Factory 4.1 Titanium pipe with the Power Bomb head. I am now wondering if I did the right thing because of the noise. Besides the insert, what else can I do to quiet it down. I have not installed it yet so I may be willing to trade or sell. I wouldn't feel right taking it back since it was a special order in to the shop.

Can I quiet it down or should I just not worry about the noise? How many db is stock and how quiet can I get this pipe. I went with the Power Bomb head because they told me it will be 1.5 db quieter.

You can try the FMF spark arrestor, but there are some complaints that it's too restrictive, also the FMF quiet core for the 4.1: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/187/31614/ITEM/FMF-Factory-4-1-Quiet-Core-Insert.aspx . Are you usng the 94db ring right now? Fwiw, I'm pretty sure the megabomb head pipe is the quieter of the two (in my experience). The Q4 pipe is a little quieter than the 4.1 Ti if that might be something you're interested trading/selling towards. Also, the DRD quiet core insert with DRD's MX exhaust is a popular combo.

BTW... how do you know the pipe is too noisy if you haven't installed it yet? ?

BTW... how do you know the pipe is too noisy if you haven't installed it yet? ?

I don't know for sure except that a friend has one on his but I know he doesn't have the insert. It will probably be fine.

As far as jetting goes, how far from where I am now would you start?

Main: 165

Pilot: 48

Needle: YZ 3rd

The Startrer, Pilot and Leak jets are all stock.

Installing the ring or quiet core significantly lessens the pipe noise. Jetting is usually leaner with a pipe, but it depends on the bike and I'd just see where you're at with the pipe on and go from there. Might want to take this to a new thread at this point.

I am heading to St George, UT riding in 2 weeks and want to get it ready. Its the only place warm enough in UT to ride.

Put a new battery in. I wanted to make sure that it would light with the e-start with a YZF exhaust cam in it. It struggles winding it fast enough but if I put the choke on it fires. Any suggestions. If I kick it, it fires first kick.

I am heading to St George, UT riding in 2 weeks and want to get it ready. Its the only place warm enough in UT to ride.

Put a new battery in. I wanted to make sure that it would light with the e-start with a YZF exhaust cam in it. It struggles winding it fast enough but if I put the choke on it fires. Any suggestions. If I kick it, it fires first kick.

Thats the nature of the YZ cam. It has something to do with the length of the decompression pin. Thats why you have to get a Hot Cams to use E-button.