What did you do to your WR today?

ortho boot is long gone.... sg10's are back on..

hope to ride it this weekend..

Good to hear :ride:

Just put new bearings, dust caps, oil seals and circlip in the rear hub, ordered in some gnarly new tires that are surprisingly aggressive for 25% street 75% offroad Michelin's... I was going to try and put them on my rims myself, but I don't have spoons of my own and my buddy who does flew out of town on Vacay yesterday, soo... I guess ill be dropping 90 bucks (:ride:) at the tire shop so I don't miss out on the next 2 weeks of riding!

New tires: http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=CrossAC10

I got the rear in a 110/100-18, paid 230 bucks for both tires... I hope I don't end up disappointed with them!

Bought it today! Sweet machine!

Just put on New Tusk Hand guards, and a new IRC M5B 130/80/18 rear tire ($75.00 mounted) and a new Bridgestone hd tube ($18.99). Heading to Kennedy Meadows the 17th 18th and 19th. It will be my first time there, looking forward to going!

Just put new bearings, dust caps, oil seals and circlip in the rear hub, ordered in some gnarly new tires that are surprisingly aggressive for 25% street 75% offroad Michelin's... I was going to try and put them on my rims myself, but I don't have spoons of my own and my buddy who does flew out of town on Vacay yesterday, soo... I guess ill be dropping 90 bucks (:ride:) at the tire shop so I don't miss out on the next 2 weeks of riding!

I got the rear in a 110/100-18, paid 230 bucks for both tires... I hope I don't end up disappointed with them!

Go over to your local Harbor Freight and pick you up a motorcycle tire tool. Its $50 and will do the job in seconds for you. Oh wait, never mind, saw where you live. Order it online.

you wont be... i started running the michelins a couple of years ago and love them.. i run the m12's... very good...

honestly.... buy a tire stand, tire tools, and a bead buddy, warm the tires up before you start, they are not that bad.. all those tools did not cost me 90.00.. a couple of tire changes and you will have it down.. there are multiple you tube videos on tire changing on the web...

jay

Edited by jhendr3702

Yes well i have priced all those tools in Yellowknife... 360 dollars shipped to my door... on the plus side that will pay itself off in 4 tire changes.

PS -- LOVE THeSE TIRES they are sooo smooth tracking down the road, and hook up real well in gravel and dirt conditions, even mudd. yeeeeaaaa HAAWWWW

Yes well i have priced all those tools in Yellowknife... 360 dollars shipped to my door... on the plus side that will pay itself off in 4 tire changes.

PS -- LOVE THeSE TIRES they are sooo smooth tracking down the road, and hook up real well in gravel and dirt conditions, even mudd. yeeeeaaaa HAAWWWW

Buy your spoons and bead buddy from Gnarly Parts, free shipping in Canada, will cost you a little over $50. Then just build yourself your own tire changing stand. A little practise and it's easy, less than 15min. Takes more time to drive your tire to someone else to change :ride:

http://www.gnarlyparts.ca/index.php?cPath=5978_2051_2088

what would I do without advice from guys like you Tribal? (likely spend 90 bucks to have them swapped 2-3 times a year)... haha thanks bro!

:cry:Sold it today.

Looking at a 2008/9 holdovers.:banghead:

Wife is leaving me because of my obsession:thumbsdn:

Winter build up time.:ride:

PrioritiesL

1. JD Jetting

2. FMF powerbomb exhaust with Q4

3. SPI suspension rebuild

4. Armor

5. Tusk enduro light kit

6. Plate it

7. Ride away my sorrows

:cry:Sold it today.

Looking at a 2008/9 holdovers.:banghead:

Wife is leaving me because of my obsession:thumbsdn:

Winter build up time.:ride:

PrioritiesL

1. JD Jetting

2. FMF powerbomb exhaust with Q4

3. SPI suspension rebuild

4. Armor

5. Tusk enduro light kit

6. Plate it

7. Ride away my sorrows

Not worth losing your wife and or family over it. Figure out why you married your wife and rekindle and then get another bike. I gave up riding for a few years and now its even better to ride with my kids and the wife couldn't be happier because its a family deal now.

Just my opinion.

Dumped it a ton. the only part not gouged is the seat:( Guess I bought too much bike for my skill level at the moment but I'm not giving up on it. Ordered a Yamalink and a new rear spring for my weight and go out again:ride: also need a new skid plate... It seems easyer than getting longer legs.:ride: thats the trail on the left. steep loose and rocky

planecrash029.jpg

23511.jpg

23811.jpg

20911.jpg

21311.jpg

21611.jpg

22611.jpg

15611.jpg

15911.jpg

59456_464905456004_682551004_7043463_231921_n.jpg

did a race this weekend and won my class :ride:

Edited by sneipfmx

Bike: California Plated 2002 WR426F with dirt and SM setup.

I’ve been working on this for most of the last two weeks or so.

Teardown.

IMG_7305.jpg

Deep clean and “new” motor with 700 miles on it.

2nd426Assembly.jpg

Fox Shox Rear shock

IMG_7700.jpg

Unibiker Radiator Guards

IMG_7692.jpg

Leo Vince Full Titanium Exhaust

IMG_7485.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

Other bits n pieces:

*Replaced rear subframe (was a little tweaked)

*Blue capped fork bleeders

*New blue anodized axle blocks

*"New" YZ seat (not on yet)

*Fastway Footpegs

*New adjustable Pro Taper upper triple clamp

*New Pro Taper bars

Coming tomorrow:

*IMS 3.4 Gallon YZ Tank

Still left to do:

Get and install a new Enduro Lighting kit, will probably use the setup from Rocky Mountain, cheap and effective.

Find a decent sharkfin for the rear rotor.

Find a good front rotor protector.

Find a set of Works Connection frame protectors.

RIDE

been riding the crap out it.... burned up my estart again..

my bud has been having trouble staying on his...

http://www.vimeo.com/15317585

and thought this was a cool pix of the mighty wr...

61843_153614284673438_100000746033827_327165_1784387_n.jpg

Edited by jhendr3702

Did the carb and airbox mods on the kid's TTR-125LE. Watched her BIG GRIN with her "umm... Dad, what did you do?" - priceless! :p Rode my 450F around the ranch for a bit. Sadly had to put it away after a short while... some chores can't wait. :smirk:

I've had a strange failure on my water pump on my 07 wr450 I discovered today. I have a trail tech vector and noticed the last couple rides the bike getting too high of temps when cruising high speed low throttle. Pulled my rad cap with the bike idling and couldn't see any coolant movement in the rad. So pulled my water pump cover and found I could freely spin the impeller. So I pulled the right side crankcase cover and found my balancer shaft was full of a brown muck and the inside sleeves were completely corroded out. Somehow some moisture must have gotten trapped in there and rusted it out. Impeller shaft end was fine. My theory is it must have either seeped down the impeller, not likely with the flange end, or come from the oring on the coolant passage just above. This is a high hour bike, 450hrs, have done impeller shaft, bearing and seals once before.

So that said I figured since I can't ride her for a while untill I get a new balancer shaft I might as well start tearing her down for my winter rebuild. So stripped the bike down to the bare frame today, pulled the head, cylinder and piston. I thought for sure I would need a new cylinder this time but cross hatching still nice and visible :smirk:

In fact piston and rings looked mint, and valve clearances haven't moved since my first reshim 100hrs ago. Crank has no freeplay. Not bad for a bike with over 450 hard hours. Gotta love the WR reliability :p

I still plan on replacing valves,cam chain, piston and crankshaft as a piece of mind and to have a fresh new motor for the next year :cheers:

That's one way to get up :smirk:

he is a 20+ year friend i have and got him into riding about 5 yrs ago..

he has done that 4 or 5 times here lately where the bikes makes it and

he does not... most have been caught on film...

"negative ghost rider..... the pattern is full"

Bike: California Plated 2002 WR426F with dirt and SM setup.

I’ve been working on this for most of the last two weeks or so.

Teardown.

IMG_7305.jpg

Deep clean and “new” motor with 700 miles on it.

2nd426Assembly.jpg

Fox Shox Rear shock

IMG_7700.jpg

Unibiker Radiator Guards

IMG_7692.jpg

Leo Vince Full Titanium Exhaust

IMG_7485.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

Other bits n pieces:

*Replaced rear subframe (was a little tweaked)

*Blue capped fork bleeders

*New blue anodized axle blocks

*"New" YZ seat (not on yet)

*Fastway Footpegs

*New adjustable Pro Taper upper triple clamp

*New Pro Taper bars

Coming tomorrow:

*IMS 3.4 Gallon YZ Tank

Still left to do:

Get and install a new Enduro Lighting kit, will probably use the setup from Rocky Mountain, cheap and effective.

Find a decent sharkfin for the rear rotor.

Find a good front rotor protector.

Find a set of Works Connection frame protectors.

RIDE

Can you tell me if the tank and stock seat is a perfect fit?