What did you do to your WR today?

Adjusted the valves on my buddy's WR. Why wont the dealer swap me some shims? I asked. I have a bunch between 178 and 185, I need some from 173 to 176. Anyone want to trade shims?

I went riding yesterday afternoon and crashed. Besides the big bruise on my shoulder, I scratched the inner-tube on my right front fork. Its at the very top where it goes into the seal. Its not a big gouch but enough to make the seal leak now. How do I fix it or do I have to replace?

I went riding yesterday afternoon and crashed. Besides the big bruise on my shoulder, I scratched the inner-tube on my right front fork. Its at the very top where it goes into the seal. Its not a big gouch but enough to make the seal leak now. How do I fix it or do I have to replace?

Try very fine (#2000+) wet sandpaper to polish out any high spots in the chrome, being careful not to flatten the tube - even a little, clean and degrease the tube very well. Use clear nail polish to fill in the gouge, wet-sand again for smoothness until you can't feel it, and replace the seal. If it works, it should last a while and is a cheap fix. :excuseme:

If it seals after that, remember that the tube flexes, grit gets in there, and the polish will eventually fail. No reason not to redo the repair, but it's really not a substitute for a replacement.

I washed it, cleaned and oiled the A/C and chain and did the oil and filter change. Then, without trying very hard at all, I stripped the threads on the stupid F!#$@% plastic dip stick!!!!!!!

Is there a better alternative to the stock one?

Just saw the "Aluminum Dip Stick" posts. Guess there isn't anything better out there. Maybe I'll go with the short bolt idea. Or just buy a new one.

I added some more mud to mine yesterday:ride: Really liken that Rekluse:ride:

Stripped her down for a "prep job" for this weekends 600 mile ride :thumbsup::p:mad:

Stripped her down for a "prep job" for this weekends 600 mile ride :thumbsup::p:mad:

600 Miles Wow! Where to/from if you don't mind my asking?

600 Miles Wow! Where to/from if you don't mind my asking?

Im still "tweaking" the tracks (GPS)...once done, I'll snap a screen shot and post :p

Im still "tweaking" the tracks (GPS)...once done, I'll snap a screen shot and post :p

Cool Thanks

Since your going outta your way, why don't you ride up and drop that item off we talked about, and I can see you machine up close an personal.:thumbsup:

Since your going outta your way, why don't you ride up and drop that item off we talked about, and I can see you machine up close an personal.:p

I will be in Primm this weekend :mad:

But if I had to carry said item, I might have to charge a delivery fee :thumbsup:

Space is limited :bonk:

Gotcha!!! Enjoy Primm!!!

BTW I think your delivery charge and my Northern Nevada Tour fee are about the same.:p

didgori4.jpg

... wow...

yeah, got to get it out from there with truck :p fun ride though

yeah, got to get it out from there with truck :p fun ride though

had one of those on mine not too long ago..

this was after about 8 miles riding in the canadian river out...

Picture037.jpg

didgori4.jpg

Now that's some slop :p

had one of those on mine not too long ago..

this was after about 8 miles riding in the canadian river out...

Picture037.jpg

hah nice, how did you manage not to flood your bike? mine stalled in that mudhole and I thought that it was because of the mud getting sucked up thru the engine vent but it was because of 2 quarts of water in my airbox slowly seeping into my engine. thanks god I had oiled my filter so that water didn't get there at once and the motor didn't hydrolock :p:thumbsup:

Edited by _Hitman47