What did you do to your WR today?

I took it out and rode through some mixed snow, slush, mud, and ice! Here's the crew!

Four bikes... Five people. What about the girl ?

What did I do to my WR ? Found it (a lightly used 04), bought it ($1500), took it home and cleaned it (carb, tank, coolant, oil) now I'm looking to hype-it up (esthetically). It's already way fast.

IMGP0368_resize.jpg

Four bikes... Five people. What about the girl ?

What did I do to my WR ? Found it (a lightly used 04), bought it ($1500), took it home and cleaned it (carb, tank, coolant, oil) now I'm looking to hype-it up (esthetically). It's already way fast.

You bought that for $1500???!!!! What a steal!

You bought that for $1500???!!!! What a steal!

It COULD be even less than that if I can get the guy's quad sold for him.

Either way I'm pretty stoked. Unfortunately it's a CA RED STICKER bike. ...but no bother. We don't ride in summer anyways.

I'm looking for carbon fiber frame guards and glide plate. I hate Al guards and at my age I'm not going to be bouncing it off of anything (intentionally). ...but it doesn't look like anyone made any for it. Not sure if the same year YZ would fit.

The bars are slightly bent. I may try to straighten them, but hate doing that. I'm looking for a pipe. Probably going to go with a FMF Q4. It needs hand and a front disc guard. I also guess I'd want a bigger tank, but I don't on my CRFx so still TBD there.

The goal is to eventually legalize it. ...but that base is currently covered with the LC4-E.

I've yet to really ride it, but did get around the block on it. It feels scarey fast. ...guessing faster than my CRFx.

So now I am going to school on all you guys in learning the maintenance details. Lucky for me the girl does most of the routine wrenching, cleaning, adjustments.

Any recommendations, hints and "look fors" are welcome. After some reading it sounds like I better get to all the pivot bearings.

Doooon't straighten the bars! :blah::ride::bonk:

anyway, my 2c on that. Nice bike for $1500!

I just got an offer for the quad at $2K so the 450F price is now $1K. ?

Re Bar straightening: I know... Pretty ghetto huh ? Well it's only slightly and if I did get them straight I could keep them for hot back-ups in the toyhauler (save-a-ride) rack.

Now I can afford the goodies fer chure !

Don't straighten install ProTapers

Doooon't straighten the bars! ?:blah::ride:

anyway, my 2c on that. Nice bike for $1500!

It COULD be even less than that if I can get the guy's quad sold for him.

Either way I'm pretty stoked. Unfortunately it's a CA RED STICKER bike. ...but no bother. We don't ride in summer anyways.

I'm looking for carbon fiber frame guards and glide plate. I hate Al guards and at my age I'm not going to be bouncing it off of anything (intentionally). ...but it doesn't look like anyone made any for it. Not sure if the same year YZ would fit.

The bars are slightly bent. I may try to straighten them, but hate doing that. I'm looking for a pipe. Probably going to go with a FMF Q4. It needs hand and a front disc guard. I also guess I'd want a bigger tank, but I don't on my CRFx so still TBD there.

The goal is to eventually legalize it. ...but that base is currently covered with the LC4-E.

I've yet to really ride it, but did get around the block on it. It feels scarey fast. ...guessing faster than my CRFx.

So now I am going to school on all you guys in learning the maintenance details. Lucky for me the girl does most of the routine wrenching, cleaning, adjustments.

Any recommendations, hints and "look fors" are welcome. After some reading it sounds like I better get to all the pivot bearings.

Oh man, I wish my brake lever was bent out a bit more. I wan ta seriously gnarly brake lever so I can get extra good rear brake feel!

i should have taken the camera out and shot a picture.. it was nasty.. the part you hit your foot on was almost touching the peg...

So I got new stuff in that I'll be putting on the bike:

-New bark busters (bolt to the triple tree kind

-New skid plate (big burly one)

-New levers (new ones + new backups)

-Wheel, swingarm and front wheel bearings (nothing pretty to see there)

-Powerbomb header!!!!

I'll be mounting most of this stuff Sunday. I hope to show it off to you guys shortly after I complete putting it all on my bike!

Which bark busters did you get and which mount, there are some gotchas ...

Don't bother with new and backup levers, just get some ASV or other "unbreakables". You don't want to carry spare levers with you, and you don't want to be several miles on a trip with broken levers.

So I got new stuff in that I'll be putting on the bike:

-New bark busters (bolt to the triple tree kind

-New skid plate (big burly one)

-New levers (new ones + new backups)

-Wheel, swingarm and front wheel bearings (nothing pretty to see there)

-Powerbomb header!!!!

I'll be mounting most of this stuff Sunday. I hope to show it off to you guys shortly after I complete putting it all on my bike!

Which bark busters did you get and which mount, there are some gotchas ...

Ascerbis pro bends, and the triple clamp mounting system. I've got new bolts and everything. his should work damn good! :excuseme:

Don't bother with new and backup levers, just get some ASV or other "unbreakables". You don't want to carry spare levers with you, and you don't want to be several miles on a trip with broken levers.

Where the heck did you get this idea? If I'm just several miles out and I gotta back track, no big deal! I've seen ASV's break, and sure you get sent a new pair... but fedex doesn't deliver same day to the woods now do they! I'll just have spare levers in my tool box back at the truck!

I am long overdue for steering head bearings. It'll have to wait unfortunately as my funds are now being diverted into xmas presents.

There are no guarantees in life, but smart folks do what they can to improve the odds.

I did a 6 hour ironman last June and broke my brake lever about 2 hours in. Sure, it was rideable, but an ASV would have eliminated that break.

In my last race, I had to run the second half without the shift lever. I did it, but it was pretty difficult. Once you are going it is fine, starting is pretty difficult on a non kickstart bike in some scenarios, trust me.

For the triple clamp mounts, yes, longer bolts are needed. The CRFX mounts also seem to work better for the WR IIRC. I believe the standard ones were too wide.

I see you got it all worked out though, so I'll keep my advice to myself from now on :excuseme:

Ascerbis pro bends, and the triple clamp mounting system. I've got new bolts and everything. his should work damn good! :busted:

Where the heck did you get this idea? If I'm just several miles out and I gotta back track, no big deal! I've seen ASV's break, and sure you get sent a new pair... but fedex doesn't deliver same day to the woods now do they! I'll just have spare levers in my tool box back at the truck!

I am long overdue for steering head bearings. It'll have to wait unfortunately as my funds are now being diverted into xmas presents.

74613_484696482616_526562616_6130361_7251964_n.jpg

Welp, there she is with all the pretty new stuff done on her! New bark busters, new skid plate, and the FMF powerbomb header installed. Beast starts right up and appears happy as a clam with it's current jetting.

Just to appreciate the new ease of changing oil, I did an oil change. What used to be a pain in the butt process was now a breeze. Booya!

65746_484696467616_526562616_6130360_7528037_n.jpg

These are the gnarly triple tree mounted cyrca bark busters. These should protect my hands, and levers, and bars, and probably something else I'm not thinking of! It was a bit of a pain to put on, and I had to do a few minor things to customize the fit, but it's on, it's rad, and I'm stoked!

39449_484284972616_526562616_6123344_3507617_n.jpg

This is also quite interesting... while installing the FMF powerbomb header, I removed my exhaust. It's always had some rattle, and we largely figured it was due to missing bolts. Well I picked the exhaust up off the bike, turned it a bit to make for easy holding, and felt a *slide* *WAM* as something inside hit the end of the exhaust. I unbolted to investigate, and this baffle was in there just free floating around?!!?!?!?!? What the hell?

Anyways, I pulled it out. The bike isn't all that much louder, infact I can't quite tell if there's a difference yet. Power doesn't seem to have changed, but I need to get it on the trail to be certain!