What did you do to your WR today?

pads.jpg
indeed! HI

um as for the plate- the bike was plated out of utah, went to change title...they gave me a plate. its titled as "cycle"

Ok that makes sense. I'm just hoping the legislation going through in Olympia now will allow me to do the same with mine.

Steve

well i brought the 99 home to evalutate what it needs and wether or not i want to give the guy his $500 back or take the $300 he owes me and dump it on him... it fired first kick still but wouldn't stay running, the throttle tube is about to break along with the clutch cable, needs new levers on each side, fork seals and just cosmetic after that.

The guy got it running using lawn mower parts cause theres a part on the carb that i couldn't get by itself so it's a little tweekerized... Need to sell my 07 and i think i could get the 99 mint again for under $500. So many decisions!

opened up a box from milenium technologies.

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDMtMjAxMTA0MDEtMjEwNS5qcGc.jpg

filed, fit, installed rings, and piston.

gotta wash the cylinder really good tonight with warm soapy water let it dry well overnight..

gonna install cylinder tomorrow.

head should be back soon...then boooyah!!! time to do a break in.

man the work is great.

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDQtMjAxMTA0MDEtMjEwNS5qcGc.jpg

Edited by shelbyguy

i bought a battery tender and hooked it up :cheers:

i bought a battery tender and hooked it up :cheers:

no need for battery tender if you ride it.

:ride:

i have only ridden it once so far :cheers:

purchased the gytr ais removal kit since the one that tt sold does not seem to be available anymore

i did this.

its getting closer :cheers:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDUtMjAxMTA0MDItMTg1Ni5qcGc.jpg

+2mm, 13.5:1, head should be back soon...then good times!1

Heard "clink,clank, clink" rear wheel locked up and kick start wouldn't budge. Can't wait to see what is inside........ or isn't.

Friday 70 degrees and sunny, yesterday 74 and partly cloudy. Fixed my flat tire to go for a quick ride on Sunday. Woke up to snow. Come on all ready. I want to ride. I haven't ridden since I crashed in November and torn my MCL.

well i brought the 99 home to evalutate what it needs and wether or not i want to give the guy his $500 back or take the $300 he owes me and dump it on him... it fired first kick still but wouldn't stay running, the throttle tube is about to break along with the clutch cable, needs new levers on each side, fork seals and just cosmetic after that.

The guy got it running using lawn mower parts cause theres a part on the carb that i couldn't get by itself so it's a little tweekerized... Need to sell my 07 and i think i could get the 99 mint again for under $500. So many decisions!

any thoughts on this people? lol...

any thoughts on this people? lol...

my thoughts.

rock the 99.

older but still lots of attitude.

i got a thing for kick only bikes.

my thoughts.

rock the 99.

older but still lots of attitude.

i got a thing for kick only bikes.

well my 07 is a kick only bike...needs a battery...lol. the 99 just seems like a beast compared to the 07, still an awesome bike though!

195856_10150155410657617_526562616_6910148_2565833_n.jpg

Removed the forks and shock so as I could take them out to get redone this week. Taking them to PRO MOTION in Vancouver Washington (nearby Portland Oregon). Not the greatest of prices at $650, but completely rebuilt, resprung, revalved and serviced, without the hassle of shipping... That's worth it to me!

Dreaming about riding it from 6,000 miles away. Only 40 more days.

redswr, If you've got to sell your '07, I say go for it and rebuild that '99. I know I'm always happier with a bike in my possesion! Your results may vary!! Maniac

4 Days before a 600 mile High Dez ride and the bikes look like this :cheers: :

wrs2.jpg

wrs1.jpg

Rear Shock - Shim Stack

shims.jpg

Edited by 123BigcoopDawg576
195856_10150155410657617_526562616_6910148_2565833_n.jpg

Removed the forks and shock so as I could take them out to get redone this week. Taking them to PRO MOTION in Vancouver Washington (nearby Portland Oregon). Not the greatest of prices at $650, but completely rebuilt, resprung, revalved and serviced, without the hassle of shipping... That's worth it to me!

this!

there's a lot to be said about being able to look the person in the face and hand them the parts.

good on you for helping the locals stay in business

I cleaned my air filter, I did not oil it because PJ1 can says it needs to be +70 degrees and its not even close. I removed my Devol skid plate. It was rattling and I found that two of the rubber/plastic spacers wear gone, I used 5/16" fuel line as my new spacers. Bad idea??

But more importantly i need to thank ThumperTalk and all of its awesome members. My 2005 WR450F is new to me, I got it a couple months ago and every time I googled a question ThumperTalk had the answer time after time. I have done all the free mods(and not so free) that weren't done already air box, o-ring mod, T-handle air/fuel screw, AIS removal, GYT baffle/insert and jetted it for Colorado Springs. Grey wire was cut, baffle removed and throttle stop was ground down by PO.

I have been lurking for months, joined about a week ago and now popped my ThumperTalk cherry with my first post. I have been romanced enough :cheers:

DVC00090.JPG