What did you do to your WR today?

Made the mounts at work out of stainless. Please reply and tell me what you think!

Just pull a pin off the top and slide down at the bottom and you got a headlight.

Headlight on/off switch.

The two allen head screws are welded still and the bottom of the number plate is slid under and up to hold it in place

Made the mounts at work out of stainless. Please reply and tell me what you think!

Just pull a pin off the top and slide down at the bottom and you got a headlight.

Headlight on/off switch.

The two allen head screws are welded still and the bottom of the number plate is slid under and up to hold it in place

thats awesome! :cheers: you gotta upload your pics to photobucket or another host site then paste that link

4 Days before a 600 mile High Dez ride and the bikes look like this :cheers: :

wrs2.jpg

wrs1.jpg

Rear Shock - Shim Stack

shims.jpg

Are you doing the SPI shock mods and drilling out the ports on the HSC piston?

My Dad made the mounts at work out of stainless. Please reply and tell me what you think!

1) file:///F:/Cody/WR450F/2006%20WR450F%204-1-2011%20017.jpg

2) file:///F:/Cody/WR450F/2006%20WR450F%204-1-2011%20002.jpg

3) file:///F:/Cody/WR450F/2006%20WR450F%204-1-2011%20003.jpg

4) file:///F:/Cody/WR450F/2006%20WR450F%204-1-2011%20006.jpg

5) file:///F:/Cody/WR450F/2006%20WR450F%204-1-2011%20012.jpg

First of all, in order to use the mounts already there, I flipped the headlight upside down. I took the mount that is used to hold the digital speedometer cord and the original headlight-plate off and my dad took it to his work. He made a piece that would screw the top of the headlight (which is now the bottom since we flipped it over) to. He modified the mount by welding this piece to the center of the mount (this is shown in picture 4. You really have to think about what your looking at). He then made two oval shaped pieces about an inch or so long and welded an allen head bolt to the end of each (that is to hold the bottom of the new number plate on). The oval shapes have a hole on the end so that we could put them under the modified mount and all be held by the original bolt.

After the headlight was screwed onto this and adjusted to the right angle, my dad made another mount that would hold the top of the headlight at this angle and would bolt to the holes the original headlight-plate bolted to. The middle of this mount has a hole to where the headlight is bolted to (shown in Picture 3). The piece above where the headlight is bolted to, is what the top of the new number plate will sit on. We shaved the "intended mount" tab back on the plastic and drilled our own hole so it would pin together to that piece. We cut the wires to the headlight and re-wired an on/off switch to it. This was attached to the side of the mount (shown in pictures 2 and 3). The new number plate has two tabs at the bottom with a hole in each. These holes are slid over the welded allen head bolts and pulled up tight against the oval pieces. The top isn't bolted on but has a pin shown in picture 5. This is so I can have the cool look of the number plate, but if I want to use the headlight, I push the pin out, pull the bottom off over the allen head bolts and its off and ready to go.

All thought out by my Dad and I. If your interested, comment and I'll be glad to take better pictures.

Are you doing the SPI shock mods and drilling out the ports on the HSC piston?

Yup! Already done! Should be all back together tomorrow and ready for the ride by Thursday :cheers:

"What did you do to your WR today?"

Well, I'm planning on picking up my new-to-me 2002 WR426, dunno if that counts as doing something or not. I'm pretty excited tho :cheers:

Heard "clink,clank, clink" rear wheel locked up and kick start wouldn't budge. Can't wait to see what is inside........ or isn't.

Well opened her up today. One exhaust valve is upside-down and stuck on the piston,one is nent and the rod is bent. Ouch!!!!

Well opened her up today. One exhaust valve is upside-down and stuck on the piston,one is nent and the rod is bent. Ouch!!!!

Holy crap, sorry to hear it.

What year, how many hours and how long since your last valve check?

208760_10150161586652617_526562616_6931807_116427_n.jpg

My bike has no legs!

Suspension comes back from Pro Motion Suspension tomorrow AM. Tonight I'm putting all new swingarm and linkage bearings in, then I'll be picking the suspension up and slapping the bike together. It's kind of nice to do a shake down like this as it forced me to address somethings I haven't been paying perfect attention to!

If only i weren't so pressed for time in swapping out the swingarm and linkage bearings yesterday. They rivaled my rusted solid steering stem bearings by far!

Upon removal of the piece that goes between the bolt and the bearing... the rollers just poured out, many of which were broken in two. They weren't surrounded by grease, they were living in a thin case of mud.

Pretty sure these were OEM bearings. It'll be nice to have this area fully serviced!

Todays plan: Slap on the suspension, build the bike back up, and take it out for a test run! WOOHOO! Hopefully everything checks out and I don't have to do any fancy work!

Future plans: Re-lace the rear wheel, swap out front tire for newer one (and hope it works good), and next big project is to redo the piston, and maybe inspect and/or adjust the valves as necessary. Anyone think it's wise to replace them, or do they never really wear down?

208760_10150161586652617_526562616_6931807_116427_n.jpg

My bike has no legs!

Suspension comes back from Pro Motion Suspension tomorrow AM. Tonight I'm putting all new swingarm and linkage bearings in, then I'll be picking the suspension up and slapping the bike together. It's kind of nice to do a shake down like this as it forced me to address somethings I haven't been paying perfect attention to!

I would replace the chain as well. Not looking too good :cheers:

I would replace the chain as well. Not looking too good :cheers:

Chain is absolutely fine. No stiff spots, sprockets aren't worn, it's holding REALLY well.

Reunited and loaded them up together for probably the last time... Need to sell the 07 and possibly the 99 too :cheers:

9ec35b4a.jpg

Chain is absolutely fine. No stiff spots, sprockets aren't worn, it's holding REALLY well.

Hmmmm. Maybe its just the angle it's draped at. Looks a bit kinked and stiff. My bad.

Anyone have a problem with the stock speedo wire sheath on the 05-06 WR cracking? Well I crashed mine in the single digit temperatures 2 years ago, cracked to pieces!

1e51adc6.jpg

So I found this stuff from Digi-key. It's a 3/4" id 4:1 heavy wall shrink tube that comes in a 4' length. It's big enough for the terminals to fit through. You still have to get a small pick and pop the terminals out of the plug. It was pretty cheap and I only used about half of it.

939c56a4.jpg

51d5ccfb.jpg

Worked awesome and looks better than a mile of electrical tape wrapped around it.

Reunited and loaded them up together for probably the last time... Need to sell the 07 and possibly the 99 too :cheers:

9ec35b4a.jpg

What's the whole story? I thought the 400 was long gone!

What's the whole story? I thought the 400 was long gone!

i gave my bro the 99 for christmas after i bought the 07, he sold it this last year and the guy gave him $500 and owed $300 so we repo'd it. Now that i'm in need of money i'm selling my 07 for $3,500 giving the guy back his $500 and fixing it up for as little as i can and maybe trying to sell it more than the $800 my bro almost got for it.

got the motor in the frame and am working on getting it together.

takes a bit of time as i didnt take it apart i bought it with boxes of parts and such.

hope to put carb on and misc later today. waiting for cams and this thing could run~

win

got her out of storage and let her run for a bit changed oil

1001203h.jpg

1001201tw.jpg

]1001204z.jpg

1001205e.jpg

Got it unburied from under stuff in the garage, hoping to start the spring ritual of grease, oil, tires etc next weekend. Got all my parts together - all new plastics, graphics, Myler supercool's, tires, etc. Wasn't going to start it, but could not resist....sitting all winter with gas stabilizer in it, pumped 4 times, pulled choke, and it fired on second kick!

Battery is not even in it.