What did you do to your WR today?

finished my custom dual exhaust on my wr today.

2011-05-25_15-36-16_700.jpg

2011-05-25_15-36-04_164.jpg

2011-05-25_17-34-48_126.jpg

would love to see more pics of the header and such. how you got it all amted together?

i have a cr250r exhaust also and have been thinking about how much i miss the duals that were on my ktm smr...

would love to see more pics of the header and such. how you got it all amted together?

i have a cr250r exhaust also and have been thinking about how much i miss the duals that were on my ktm smr...

it is really a matter of just welding on the proper fitting to get the unit to mount to the stock header. i used the stock header and cut sections outta the stock exhaust. tack welded it all up to make it the correct shape. when i figured it was good, i pulled it off, TIG welded the shit together and called it a day. mig will burn to hot and blow holes right through the material.

Is there any benefit to having dual exhaust besides looks? It also seems like additional weight to me...

I'm still trying to figure out why one can hole is bigger than the other... :smirk:

Edited by davidl9999

the only reason i can see for one hole to be larger in the exhaust is the pressure equalization values. if you have the pipe that has the ability to flow straight through than the second can will flow almost no exhuast and be relatively useless other than "bling" factor.

and as far as having 2 cans vs. only one.... i dont see any performance increase just yet since i cant ride it at the moment but i personally just like the look of it. and well... since its my bike... hahaha

you'll probably have to go with a couple 2 stroke pipes... having the 2 bigger mufflers like that won't give enough back pressure

it seems to do fine on idle and putting around. i have yet to actually be able to take it out and open it up and get an idea of what i need to do with the jetting. ill post up when i get that solved and see what changes need to be made.

Is there any benefit to having dual exhaust besides looks? It also seems like additional weight to me...

my 560 made a little more power up top, and a bit louder.

i hate the way the mufflers look hanging past the number plate that would be the reason why for duals for me.

and yes, i just like the look of a pair of shorter cans.

:smirk:

sound clip? more pics? do iiit

Finally got it all put back together and went for a ride today.

Myler's came through and got my rad issue sorted out, and got me the correct set.

Have to say, they stand behind their customer service, because between shipping and customs charges from them to Canada, they didn't get much $$ out of this sale.

Those Supercools are some sweet though.

Before:

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0018-1.jpg

After:

IMG_0039-1.jpg

IMG_0043-1.jpg

IMG_0042-1.jpg

IMG_0044-1.jpg

Just installed a Clutch basket and primary gear from a yfz450 quad in my dualsported 2004 WR450.

The quad's basket has dampening springs to isolate the power pulses and shocks from the road between the engine and wheel. kinda like a cush drive.

I just took it for a drive and I would say it is definitely a noticeable improvement. There was much less vibration and on/off throttle transitions seemed smoother. There also seemed to be less chain slap and the engine sounded quieter.

I got the idea from haskell and maxpower. thanks guys

Installed a Spal fan on the right radiator to help with my slow tail not moving enough air across the radiators, now it can sit and idle in near 100* heat without going past 200*.

I also installed a Staintune exhaust from a WR426 and gave it a rejet to match. Talk about a difference, between the two it's very smooth and picked up a lot of bottom end power. Far more than I expected.

finally picked up a battery for the 07 and took it for a quick blast up and down my street... on the way back got a face full of rad fluid cause the cap fell off :ride: not sure if i had just set it on there or didn't turn it all the way when i put it back on but i'm just glad i wasn't in the desert or woods when i lost it!

I rode mine.

Made some bar adapters 7/8" to 1-1/8" for my '92 WR200

6758039a.jpg

Made some bar adapters 7/8" to 1-1/8" for my '92 WR200

6758039a.jpg

dang good work! want to make me some? :ride:

ripped her apart :ride:

2011-06-07_16-47-34_598.jpg

2011-06-07_16-47-21_381.jpg

2011-06-07_17-51-22_75.jpg

ripped her apart :ride:

2011-06-07_16-47-34_598.jpg

2011-06-07_16-47-21_381.jpg

2011-06-07_17-51-22_75.jpg

watcha got going on there?

destroyed threads on my crank. so new crank time. effin sad face

This is kind of a weird one. We bought a used 09 a few weeks ago. The usual deal where you find a few issues after the fact, most no big deal. But one thing bugged me when I adjusted the chain. Even though the marks were lined up I could visually see the wheel was WAY OFF to the right. Long story short, the previous owner had mis-matched axle blocks!

So today we went to the local dealer and put on new axle blocks for the WR.

I finished doing my 2007 WR450f in white with new graphics and a dual sport kit.

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg